Play Mos Eisley Assault with different levels

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

arachon

Post by arachon »

You should do this with a hex editor. Don't know how Lua works, maybe you could use it, too.

An integer is a number that consists of 4 bytes. Sry that I didn't explain, but I'm a programmer and so it's quite normal to call a 4-byte number an integer. To increase the first integer by 4, replace CC 21 13 00 (= 0x001321CC in normal notation = 1253836 as decimal number) with D0 21 13 00.
allright... i didnt get that at all :p. Could u explain exactly what ure doing? (like where in the file u go etc etc)
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

You should know that (almost) all SWBF II mods we know are based on "mission.lvl"... :wink:
arachon

Post by arachon »

yeah i know that... but i meant what part of the mission lvl he goes to...
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

The integers are really easy to find. The first one is at the beginning of the file just after "ufcb". To find the 2nd to 4th integer just search for the last lvl_ before the unit you want to edit. They're very close to each other, just after the block types. The last one consists of the 4 bytes just before the string. Just remember that in windows files, the lowest byte (the one with the 1-bit to 128-bit of the integer) is usually the first and the highest byte is the last. So that's NOT the order you would write them down.
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

Where is "ufcb". I searched it and the hex editor couldn't find it.
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

Ok i found it. i thought it WAS the bit at the beggining. Mine says "ucfb" not "ufcb". :?
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

How do we know what to change the integer to. I mean how is CC 4 bytes smaller than D0. The second integer is 44 so what do i change that to and how do i work out how to change the others. :?
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

Oh, just a typo, of course it's ucfb.

About the second problem, what about reading all my posts? I explained how to convert 4-byte Windows integers to normal decimal numbers and the other way round. So just convert to decimal, add 4 (if you added 4 bytes) and convert it back.

Just one last example:
Integer: CC 21 13 00
Reverse byte order: 00 13 21 CC
Converted to decimal: 1253836
Added 4: 1253840
Converted to hex: 00 13 21 40
Integer: 40 21 13 00

Is it really that hard?
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

I thought it was like that but when i tried to change it to decimal and vice-versa it didn't work because i didn't flip it. Thx :)
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

DF', I've tried to switch Yoda by Obi-Wan in the "tan1c_con" level... I've modified all required sections, but when I load this map, SWBF II Beta is automatically closed... So, I'd like you to have a look at my "mission.lvl" file, and report me what I've done wrong. You'll find it here...
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

You forgot to set the byte at offset 0x0EFAAD to 10 (marked red in my screenshot)

Btw. I noticed that your mission.lvl is about 60 kb smaller than mine.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

I use SWBF II Beta's one, DF'... Regarding my problem, the byte located before "rep_hero_obiwan" is in fact the value affiliated with the number of characters of the Hero's name, isn't it ?...
I have also to precise that you've helped me once again... Thanks to you, so !... :wink:
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

the byte located before "rep_hero_obiwan" is in fact the value affiliated with the number of characters of the Hero's name, isn't it ?...
Absolutely right
I have also to precise that you've helped me once again... Thanks to you, so !...
That's the reason why I'm here ;)
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Glad to see you're so extrovert and helpful... :)
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

I want to replace the rep_inf_ep2_rocketeer_chaingun with rep_inf_ep3_officer on the coruscant map. Both CTF and Conquest.

Ok. I have put in the unit on ctf. Works. Now I put it on conquest. Works. Now I go back to CTF and: Could not open MISSION\cor1c_ctf.lvl

This is my mission.lvl: http://s65.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=33Z1 ... NNQQ2IK5WH
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

Schizo wrote: Except, I have only one problem; now, when I play it on Mustafar, I can't force jump. Actually, I can't jump at all. I can only jump like, an inch in the air. Pretty funny when you're a Jedi and you can't even jump as high as a normal soldier could. But that's really the only problem with this.
Oh you can't jump? I can!