Debris in space battles

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

chubby

Debris in space battles

Post by chubby »

When you blow up a firgate in a space battle, How can I make the debris never go away? I think it would be cool to have the debris as an obstacle to fly throught after you blow up a frigate, especailly the cis frigate.
RevanSithLord
Sith Master
Sith Master
Projects :: Designated Days + LFC + GT vs SWBFC
Games I'm Playing :: FO3 + FO New Vegas
xbox live or psn: Master Revan

RE: Debris in space battles

Post by RevanSithLord »

That would be awesome. It would make the game more authentic. I mean, come on, if a sub was blown away underwater, for instance, you wouldn't see it's carcus disappear right in front of you. If ya know what I mean. And when the frigates blow up in space, they should mod it where there are burn marks on the places where it tore apart. Plus holes... I think.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Debris in space battles

Post by Leviathan »

Nevertheless, I guess all those additional details will need much more memory than usual....
Raptor522
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by Raptor522 »

Translation for slower people with slower computers: It would probably cause lag from hell.
deathmaster

Post by deathmaster »

I am not a modder, and i have no knowledge of modding, so this may not work, but is an idea. Go into the game data or whatever, and find the Thing that keeps the asteroids in space(this may not work, because they may be classified as opbjects on the ground in space) then, copy it and paste it somewhere in The debri section for the frigite. Like i said, this probably won't work, but heck, it might too
RDST

Post by RDST »

its not a bad idea but the debris from when a frigate blows up is not bit mapped (so you can fly right through it) also it would lag the hell out of most computers (even higher end ones)