Naboo Queen name?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

yodaminch

Naboo Queen name?

Post by yodaminch »

Anyone know what the game calls the Queen Apailana. I've tried searching mission.lvl and the side files and can't find the name. The reason I ask is, we didn't get padme and it'd be nice to at least use this queen as padme since she's wearing the same attire anyway.
RDST

Post by RDST »

Simple yes it is Apailnana (spelling I think) because it is after Padme died and its the same attire because its the queen uniform queens before that and queens in the future would have that. But when modding it yes that would be a acceptable model for Padme (or any queen)
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

I mean the inf unit. IE: anakin is rep_hero_anakin. I wonder what her unit name might be.
Evans

Post by Evans »

im guessing it could be rep_hero_Apailana since rep was related to the senate and the queen was the chancellor of the senate and you would get rep. you would get apailana from the name that always apears at the end ex. rep_hero_anakin
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

It might also be "nab_hero_queen"... :?
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

gar_inf_naboo_queen
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Have you checked if that works in-game, yoda' ? :|
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

I'm trying to find a good side to try. I've tried cloakedanakin several times and nothing happens so I wonder if this will be the same. I want to try using the name in a hero slot first but there are very few that have enough characters.
Spaceguy5

Post by Spaceguy5 »

Somewhere on this site, I found something to decompile LVLs. Just Decompile it, and scan through the mission you want. I decompiled the Mission.lvl, and got several folders. Go tot he folder:

mission\scr

You will see a list of files. These are the missions.

I'D LIKE TO NOTE:

If it ends with C, it's Campaign mission
Con is Conquest
CTF is Capture the Flag
1flag is 1 Flag Capture the Flag
Diet Dr. Pepper is Assault

The files are set up like this:

Scr_ map#e_type.lub

Scr = All start with Scr.
Map = first 3 letters of map name
# = which number it is on the list. Like, Tatooine has 2, so it would be tat 1 and tat2.
e = era. Like, g is Galactic Civil War, and c is Clone Wars
Type is the Map Type (Listed above)

The queen is in a Campaigne mission, of the Galactic Civil War era on Naboo.

So you'll be looking for:

scr_nab2g_c.lub

Open this in Notepad and scan for the Unit Names, and you'll find the name of the queen!

BTW, it's gar_inf_naboo_queen

But you can do this to find the name of other units, like, ofr instance, that oen Geonosian guy!
Drawde

Post by Drawde »

Where did you get this decompiler? And can you recompile the decompiled mission.lvl?
If so, this will be very useful for my mod.
Nimlot
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Nimlot »

He might be talking about luck3ys decompiler, search the forums. And no, no recompilers are out there.
yodaminch

Post by yodaminch »

After several attempts, I was finally able to get the Queen as a unit. First let me say she plays a lot like leia, though i think her gun may be more powerful and she has 6 detonators. Second there seems to be several glitches. One is the unit side as you can see it shows the weapon as gar_ instead of just blaster, there is no image for detonators in the weapon area and there seems to be some odd model that follows the queen, it almost looks like several detonators, but its hard to see, you don't notice it around the bots, but if you play the queen you'd see it. Image