Changing Side files in the mission lvl?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

arachon

Changing Side files in the mission lvl?

Post by arachon »

I tried to get some naboo guards to mos eisley, but as it didnt work when i included them in the normal republic side (With clonetroopers) i supose i have to change the side.lvl, but how to do it? what names do i have to replace when it comes to the units? i know i have to replace /SIDE rep.lvl with /SIDE gar.lvl but what more?
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Changing Side files in the mission lvl?

Post by Leviathan »

It would be easier for us to find a solution if you post here the original entries and the new ones you used to replace them... :wink:
yodaminch

RE: Changing Side files in the mission lvl?

Post by yodaminch »

when i replaced cis with jed i had to replace all the units. although after too many units it crashed.
arachon

Re: RE: Changing Side files in the mission lvl?

Post by arachon »

yodaminch wrote:when i replaced cis with jed i had to replace all the units. although after too many units it crashed.
ok... but the code string for the naboo guard (gar_inf_nabooguard) is too long to replace every unit, only works on some...
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Re: RE: Changing Side files in the mission lvl?

Post by Leviathan »

In that case, you can replace the entry of units whose name is too short by a series of "00" in the left part of the hex-editor's window... :wink:
yodaminch

RE: Re: RE: Changing Side files in the mission lvl?

Post by yodaminch »

i tried the gar unit and had no luck as well. they are just too long.