Hex editing help.

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Karr

Hex editing help.

Post by Karr »

Since im new ( look at how many posts) I figured the first thing I should try is just to change from all_hero_leia to all_hero_luke. Doesnt crash the game, it just wont let me play as a hero ( I changed it so I can play a hero after 1 point to test it). I copied and pasted letter by letter leia to luke, do I have to also change all_hero_ even though it is the same info? Thanks in advance for any help.

Edit. Which btw im editing the capture the flag map on naboo. nab2.gcw
Karr

Post by Karr »

Prolly because its all_hero_luke_pilot?

One more question, can I put a rep hero on a reb map? like the hoth hunt map, could I put obi wan instead of the wookie or do I need to stay on the same faction?
Dvondrake

Post by Dvondrake »

Yeah, there isnt a such thing as all_hero_luke.
I don't think you can... Wait till tomorrow when everyone's on. :P
Karr

Post by Karr »

Everytime i make a change for what hero i want to use on the map, like switching mace to obiwan and all it does is not let me use the jedi. As if it isnt there. Im changing it from rep_hero_macewindu to rep_hero_obiwan and i add the periods to make up the difference so the file size stays 1253844 and it still isnt working. Any suggestions?
Delta_57_Dash
Jedi
Jedi
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Delta_57_Dash »

AAHHHHHHH-HAAAA! DON'T add periods to the end dude that will screw it up... you have to go over to the hex side and put 00 in each of the "extra" spaces.
Dvondrake

Post by Dvondrake »

That's because the file doesn't have the same amount of total characters now, with your edit. (Yep, characters, not filesize. It changes the MD5.)
Compare:
rep_hero_macewindu
rep_hero_obiwan
Mace has four more characters than Obi. :-\

So, the only thing you can replace Mace with is... Well, nothing, at a first glance for me. :(