test1.lvl

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

MorpheusWells

test1.lvl

Post by MorpheusWells »

While searching through MISSION.LVL I found a section devoted to a map it called test1. Inside that area I found a few references to bes (bespin maybe?). It's probably just a test level used by the devs, but maybe it is an early version of a bespin map. My computer wouldn't let me take a screenshot, but the area is found after tatooine and before utapau in the MISSION.LVL
Does anyone know how to reincorperate it into the game?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: test1.lvl

Post by Teancum »

As I recall, there was also a test1 in BF1. IF there's no test1 folder for the map though then it's just a reference to a file that is no longer there. It wouldn't work cuz there's nothing to get working. I dunno -- I don't have BF2 yet, so I couldn't tell ya, but I'd say I'm 99.9% sure that's just an old reference to files that have bee pulled.
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

You are probably correct. I can't find the actual test1.lvl in the gamedata.
Dvondrake

Post by Dvondrake »

Maybe making a server, via command line or bat file, with test1 as a map would reveal it's true status? The map could be put directly inside the mission.lvl. :-\
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

A map whose size does not exceed 1200 MB ? I don't think so... This "test1" map has been simply cut off from the game, and its last tracks remain in "mission.lvl"... Nowhere elsewhere...