I need some help...

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Schizo

I need some help...

Post by Schizo »

Alright, so me and a friend are making a BFII video (as many of you may know), and we were hoping to include the Luke vs Vader duel on the Death Star. So we've already got Luke there as the Rebel hero, and Palpatine is also there (he'll play a part too, like in the movie), so those two are accounted for. But we don't have Vader, so we can't even do the scene until we have Vader there on the Death Star too. So I've tried hexing the map to have Vader on the Imps, but unfortunately, none of the Imp units have the same number of characters as Vader (19, to be exact). I also tried the Hero Assault mode on the Death Star, but it obviously didn't work (you can only do it on certain maps, if I'm not mistaken). So I have no more ideas for how I'm going to get Vader in there. Is there another way? I'd like to have all three of them (Luke, Vader, and Palps) if it's possible, but I can't find any way to get Vader in there. Any ideas?
arachon

RE: I need some help...

Post by arachon »

the darktrooper can be HEXed into vader, just look below

imp_inf_dark_trooper
imp_hero_darthvader
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

No, unfortunately not; Dark Trooper has 20 characters in it, while Darth Vader only has 19. One character off, I'm afraid...
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Just replace the last character by "00" in the hexa-decimal part...
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

No, I tried that already. I doesn't seem to even do anything. The Darktrooper is still there and nothing's changed at all, like I never even altered the file. I don't know why, of course... but it's not working. Oh well...
arachon

Post by arachon »

Then ure editing the wrong file
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

It's the Mission.lvl. I'm not editing the wrong file...
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

So you've edited the wrong section... As you probably know, a map can owns several "sections"... (Depending of the available eras, modes, etc...)
Schizo

Post by Schizo »

Hmm... maybe you're right... though I'm pretty sure it was the right section... after all, it did have all the units listed and everything... eh, I suppose it's worth another look...

EDIT: Aha! I was editing the wrong part. Thanks for your help, guys. I finally got it.
Talibanman

Post by Talibanman »

yeah! i cant wait to see the movie :D