Blackrider asked me to try this.......

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

awsome dude i'd put the gunship in geo and kashyyk but you should put a MAF in to. so its even dont forget to put dragonum in the credits
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

Imagine fighters together with acklays on Kashyyyk. Would be really cool.
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

I can do it, if you want me to
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

Would be cool. I tryed it but it didn't work correctly.
Mikey_bizzle441

Post by Mikey_bizzle441 »

Imagine fighters together with acklays on Kashyyyk. Would be really cool.
i wonder if acklays could get into vehicles? hmmm. that would be cool.
Thix_countix_oix_bartix

Post by Thix_countix_oix_bartix »

Blackrider wrote:awsome dude i'd put the gunship in geo and kashyyk but you should put a MAF in to. so its even dont forget to put dragonum in the credits
Though it was a good idea in my head, i'm not sure it works too great in the game. There are so many invisisble walls that are hard to see...you can barely even take off in someplaces the invisible celling is so low! The only people who have any chance of hitting anything are the gunners most of the time. the AI has a huge problem with flying them; they get in, and then fly into an invisible wall and die...6 of them at a time! It would be even harder ot play against humans whith rocket launchers(3-4 rockets is enough to destroy the ship, and the rokcets can be used as seekers against air craft)

I'm not sure why, but ever since i added the gunships, the AI seems to be using thier vehicles more(They didn't do that before in MP, at least not in mygeeto)

Any way, i'm having trouble putting it in other levels(Not enough room for it to spawn, or did i mess while i was editing it?) Either way, the gunship won't spawn on kashyyk or utupa.

Another odd problem is that the gunship dosen't move like a 'copter any more. This means that it can't stop, or move left to right in the air.

Summary: It's a cool idea at first, but it gets old fast. It will be much more fun when the mod tools are released and we can make bigger levels.

I might release the files for for mygetto tohugh, with dragonums name of course. I wonder if i should ask him before i do that....
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

No, they cant, and the mod will be cool, cuz it will give more chance to the clones.... I'll put a vwing, to help the poor clones :P and, of course, I will put your name on the credits, Mikey_bizzle441, for making the playable acklays
Thix_countix_oix_bartix

edapolin wrote:No, they cant, and the mod will be cool, cuz it will give more chance to the clones.... I'll put a vwing, to help the poor clones :P and, of course, I will put your name on the credits, Mikey_bizzle441, for making the playable acklays
What can't do what? Laats can't spawn on kashyyyk?

I look for word to the V-wing on kashyyyk :D
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

so its on kashyyyk what are the vehicles
REP CIS
gunship MAF
barc coprate droid
v-wing?

i dont think there should be staps
but whoever is doing this mod should get down doing it lol jp but i cant wait
and its better because we can finally be transported by the gunships cause you can stand on the pad thigns
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

The gunships aren't possible on kashyyyk, cuz the barcspeeder and the fightertanks spawn near so the gunship explodes(it's too big). Then, my idea is to put vwings, wich aren't so big and won't explode. There is no vehicle for the geonosians(as far as I now), so the acklays won't have any vehicles(they can't even enter). The mod will be released by me on 9/12/2005(tomorrow). It will be on kashyyyk, will have acklays and vwings :P
Mikey_bizzle441

woooooaa! that sounds fun! a choice of; one, ripping apart helpless clones as an acklay; or two, bombing the crap outta the beasts! a wide variety of gameplay :p
Blackrider

Post by Blackrider »

hmm why not replace teh tanks with the gunships would that work
Thix_countix_oix_bartix

Blackrider wrote:hmm why not replace teh tanks with the gunships would that work
I tried, but as other have said, there wasn't enough room for it to spawn :x
Bac-Talan
Captain
Captain

Post by Bac-Talan »

Would it be possible to completely take out the other vehicles? Just make it so they didn't spawn at all.
if not, you could try turning the other vehicles into something VEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRRY small
anyway, this is a good idea. Keep it up :D
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

yes, I can remove vehicles, but it will be more humiliating, cuz the clones would just be killed and killed and killed by the acklays
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

It is done!! But now I need a name! :P
Mikey_bizzle441

"Acklays vs. The Clones with Wings"
edapolin

Post by edapolin »

the clones with Wings or with VWings?
DFYX

Post by DFYX »

VWings