B. magnagaurd with staff idea

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by minilogoguy18 »

well then make a new magnaguard, cause darth maul colored as a magnaguard would just look flat out fugly. make a new staff and define it as a lightsaber but make the lightning and define that as the blade, thats how its done in JA. just make a staff model that acts as a saber staff and make a new blade effect thats just the electricity.
Alex533

Post by Alex533 »

Listen to mini, he knows what hes talking about
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

mini', even though you succeeded in designing new MagnaGuard and Electro-staff models, you couldn't animate them, since Pandemic Studios / LucasArts have not provided many informations about that yet... However, there's a chance to find such an help in the upcoming SWBF II Mod Tools...
minilogoguy18
Master Bounty Hunter
Master Bounty Hunter

Post by minilogoguy18 »

i never said i did make them, and alex, no good can come from listening to me. man why do you put everything in bold letters, feals like im freakin being yelled at >:O. there is information on making animations to work, its all there in the aniguide, you just have to read it more carefully and understand what its saying. i can compile animations into zaabin and zafbin files, but for somereason when i export all the bones that have envelopes over the mesh get centered to 0,0,0 therefore screwing up my model. i think its actually cause this .msh exporter doesnt work right with 5.0 cause even everytime i click on File i get a bunch of pandemic tool menus all over the place in the File menu. what im gonna do is just download 4.2 and see if it works. fred has told me that my scene is perfectly fine and he wasnt sure if the exporter would work ccorrectly with 5.0 cause he hasnt upgraded to it yet, but i very much think that is the problem. besides, i wouldnt have to make new animations, as long as my skeletons base pose matches mauls, i can just merge the magna guard with all of mauls animations, thats how its done with ALOT of other games. but there will be a more in depth tut on animations according to what fred said, which should be with the new mod tools.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Since you have already worked on models intended to Jedi Knight series' games, you must know Star Wars Battlefront's probably uses a similar bones' structure. Indeed, I guess they must not bear arbitrary names, but specific ones...
Therefore, if you know the whole content of such a hierarchy, with the appropriate relations, then I guess you could design brand-new playable units... Otherwise, this project would be rather "compromised"...