Hex editor help

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Jedi_Fleg

Hex editor help

Post by Jedi_Fleg »

i have the xv3i2 editor i thhink thats what its culd but i dont know how to use it i can open the mission.lvl file but cant find anything but symbuls and numbers
drummerzoid1

Post by drummerzoid1 »

everyone uses ultraedit so use the 60 day trial to get a feel of what a hex editor can do. plz ask ?s, we can answer them
MorpheusWells

Post by MorpheusWells »

I use the XVI32 editor (i think that is what you meant, jedi) and everyone sees symbols and numbers. The left side of the screen shows hex (hexadecimal). The right side shows the hex (from the left side) translated into text. Not all of the text will make sense, but use the search tool and look for cor1c_con and you will find a segment of text that controls how the cor.lvl file interacts with the game (for clone wars conquest on coruscant). Make sure you have search function set to down and not up before you search. Now search for SIDE\rep.lvl and you will find a segment of text that controls what units (and vehicles) appear in that level for the Republic. Underneath somewhere it will say SIDE\cis.lvl that controls what units and vehicles appear on that level for the CIS. Here is a simple hex edit you can try (before you do this make a backup of your MISSION.LVL). Get back to the SIDE\cis.lvl (for cor1c_con) I showed you how to get to above. Now look below SIDE\cis.lvl (on the text side) find cis_inf_officer (it should be after cis_inf_engineer and before cis_inf_sniper). Click the o in officer (on the text side) and type marine. It should now say cis_inf_mariner To get ride of the r click it on (the text side) and see the hex digit that is highlighted (on the hex side). Click that hex digit and type 00 That will make the r on the text side change into a rectangular symbol. Now save your new MISSION.lvl and start the game. Go to instant action and begin a game on Coruscant in clone wars and conquest mode. Now if you play as the CIS you should be able to select a marine instead of a magnaguard. To hex edit a longer name (cis_inf_rifleman) into a shorter one (cis_inf_sniper) consult this thread http://www.gametoast.com/forums/viewtop ... c&start=45

I hope that helps.
dipstick555

Post by dipstick555 »

juat wait for mod tools