Make Changes To Vehicles In Battlefront 2

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

whardesky
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Make Changes To Vehicles In Battlefront 2

Post by whardesky »

Hi, im sort of new to modding in this game and i was wondering how I would do stuff like make some simple changes to vehicles. For example if i wanted to make the default Y-Wing primary weapon shoot rapid fire, or change the color of the laser it shoots or even change the color of the actual vehicle for a map im working on. If anyone could give me some info or a tutorial that would be awesome, thanks!
:D :D :D
Samee3
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: BF2 Refresh Mod
Games I'm Playing :: Empire at War
xbox live or psn: VaporousFern310

Re: Make Changes To Vehicles In Battlefront 2

Post by Samee3 »

Start by exploring everything(files, folders, tools, etc) in the Mod Tools, and make sure you read the FAQ thread.
argibaymiguel98
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Make Changes To Vehicles In Battlefront 2

Post by argibaymiguel98 »

You will find the values and properties you want to modify in the ODF files. For the y-wing, you must go to your map folder (lets say it's data_ABC) > sides > all > odf. Once there, the vehicle properties are in "all_fly_ywing_sc", and the weapons (of the y-wing) are in "all_weap_fly_ywing_bomb", "all_weap_fly_ywing_cannon", "all_weap_fly_ywing_turret_cannon" and their respective "_ord" files.