Comman Post Bleed - Conquest

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

TJam11
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Comman Post Bleed - Conquest

Post by TJam11 »

Hey guys,

Is there any way to adjust the command post Bleed effect in Conquest or even get rid of it altogether using the Mission LUA?

I'm finding that maps with uneven number of CP's are the most boring battles, because one team always has a majority therefore crippling the other teams reinforcements.

Whereas the maps with even number of CP's are usually in a 'Stalemate' situation for most of the battle, therefore prolonging the fight and making it far more close and enjoyable.

If anyone knows a script command to insert into the LUA that would nerf the bleed rate, it would much appreciated.

For info, I am editing Marvel4 SWBF1 map scripts and Vanilla map scripts. I know the command post has it's own ODF but not sure how to edit it so that it would take effect on Vanilla and Marvel's modded maps.

Thanks.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Comman Post Bleed - Conquest

Post by Marth8880 »

I personally would strongly recommend that you don't get rid of ticket bleed altogether, considering it's a core mechanic of Conquest. With that said, you can set a CP's bleed value with SetProperty(cpName, "ValueBleed_team", newValue), where `cpName` is the name of the CP, the `team` part of `ValueBleed_team` is "Alliance", "CIS", "Empire" or "Republic", and `newValue` is some floating point number (default is 1.0).

Alternatively, you should be able to set the ObjectiveConquest object's `defaultBleedRate` value externally when it's initialized, like so:

Code: Select all

conquest = ObjectiveConquest:New{teamATT = ATT, teamDEF = DEF, 
                                     textATT = "game.modes.con", textDEF = "game.modes.con2", 
                                     multiplayerRules = true,
                                     defaultBleedRate = 0.2}
Its default value is 0.3333333333, and it determines how many tickets are lost per second during bleeding.
TJam11
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Comman Post Bleed - Conquest

Post by TJam11 »

Thanks Marth, that's really helpful!

So I can just add the defaultBleedRate = line into the objective segment at the top of the LUA? Nifty :)

I think that would be better as doing it for each CP individually would be a drag. And I agree, I think getting rid of the bleed altogether would be bad, and I would be too scared of it breaking the game as it is a crucial gameplay mechanic.

Thanks very much for your help!