'Rip' custom units from other mods and create custom era...

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

TriniGamer
Private
Projects :: Scarif but for Battlefront 2
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: Carib50 (PSN)

'Rip' custom units from other mods and create custom era...

Post by TriniGamer »

with them?

For specifics:
I don't really want to touch the Clone Wars, but I do want to make a custom GCW era thing like this:

Rebels side:
SpecForce Marine from BFX Mod as the main infantry of the faction including shields and weaponry, probably the base game A280 instead of the BFX one
Rebel Pilot as the pilot from base game
Engineer from Base Game
Vanguard from Base Game
Luke Skywalker from the Luna Map mod (no-oxygen special helmet)

Imperial Side:
All from base game

So, how would one go about doing this? I would really, really like to create a custom side for my own mini-lore I have out of stuff that is already out there. Any assistance provided on how to do this would be greatly appreciated, as I'm getting loads of trouble trying to figure out anything on my own. Thanks! :funny2:
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: 'Rip' custom units from other mods and create custom era

Post by Oceans14 »

What do you mean by rip? That implies using a tool to take them from a complied lvl file, which is mostly frowned upon because generally you won't have to do that if the asset's creator has given you permission to use it.

BFX assets were released at some point, and I think Luna too. You could ask the creators if they're okay with allowing you to use their assets if they weren't released (or read the readme if you dl them, I remember BFX was very specific in how the assets could be used).

Assuming you knew all that and are just trying to make a custom side, check out the FAQ :)
giftheck
Droid Pilot Assassin
Droid Pilot Assassin
Projects :: Star Wars Battlefront Legacy

Post by giftheck »

AFAIK, Arc_Commander, the creator of the BFX mod has been silent for a very, very long time. I still have the assets for that in my archives. There are indeed several stipulations in the readme:
1. Do NOT continue BFX. There are some exceptions, stated below, but, I will not allow using the BFX assets to make a mod that is similar to it.
2. If you are planning to make a mod that uses assets from BFX, please contact me on GameToast via PM and ASK MY PERMISSION.
3. I will allow mods like BFX Campaign Mode, or adding BFX to the Conversion Pack. However, ASK MY PERMISSION first.
4. It is not necessary to ask my permission if you just want to use the BFX assets in a MAP.
5. GIVE CREDIT when you use these assets. Not just to me, but also to the people who made the original asset, as listed below.

If these conditions are not respected, bear in mind that SWBFFiles will refuse to host the file in question, if I request that they do so.
TriniGamer
Private
Projects :: Scarif but for Battlefront 2
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: Carib50 (PSN)

Post by TriniGamer »

I will not be publishing any of these publicly if that matters at all, just a custom 'private' mod.

So do you know of anywhere I could rip these characters from then add the different weapons to them?

EDIT
I came up with something much simpler - I found out that the Mars map from the same mod has better troops, is there a way to simply just replace the Rebel Units in the GCW era on all non-space maps with the one on the Mars map?

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff