PS2 Texture Settings

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

PS2 Texture Settings

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I cannot seem to get new texture files to look as good as the original textures on the PS2 platform. Even if I size things at 256x256 they still come out blurry/fuzzy. This makes certain things like computer consoles with lots of details look really bad. I'm noticing there is lots of PS2 specific texture munge options in the documentation but don't know what to do with them or how to use them correctly. I'm hoping someone with some advanced understanding of graphical stuff can help me out here with anything. Thanks!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: PS2 Texture Settings

Post by Marth8880 »

Normally I'd suggest trying the different -format tga.option parameters, but those appear to only work when compiling for PC/Xbox. However, I noticed in misc_documentation.doc the following:

It appears that -8bit is the default bit depth for textures on PS2, which reduces the texture's color palette to 256 colors, so you might want to try using -32bit to prevent this from happening.

Also always worth noting is the -maps parameter:

You might wanna consider setting this to a low value like 1 or 0 and see what it looks like.
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Re: PS2 Texture Settings

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

I've seen that chart and have tried several combinations of commands. I will keep trying but it is getting on my nerves.