Optimize water [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Optimize water [Solved]

Post by Oceans14 »

Hey GT, finally got the chance to get some modding done and I'm having an issue with water. I need to use a lot of it, but even with FarSceneRange set to 100 and the lod decimation at 4 the map still crashes. I also changed the patch divisions to 16 and played around with other numbers, but they didn't do much. If anyone knows of another parameter I could try tweaking that would be awesome.

Also - I tried using a plane with animated texture and no collision, but I honestly didn't like it at all, so unless there's no other options I'd like to use real water.

Edit: Realized I had changed the grid size to 2 in tga2ter which I guess messed up the water tiles and made them too high rez or something. Set it to default and now I can use all the water I want (albeit still with a lower scene range). So I guess I'll mark this as solved since I no longer have problems, but if anyone still has any additional info for future use that would be great.