Different names for the same-game mode.

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Different names for the same-game mode.

Post by CdtFox »

Is this possible to have different names for the same game-mode depending the map?

I have multiple tdm script/mode, one for each stock map, and i want to call the one for Coruscant "Order 66" for exemple. The others will stay as "Team DM" since the name correspond to the map (i.e Felucia).
CT108
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: None
Games I'm Playing :: CS2
xbox live or psn: Captain CT108

Re: Different names for the same-game mode.

Post by CT108 »

CdtFox wrote:Is this possible to have different names for the same game-mode depending the map?

I have multiple tdm script/mode, one for each stock map, and i want to call the one for Coruscant "Order 66" for exemple. The others will stay as "Team DM" since the name correspond to the map (i.e Felucia).
I don't think that it's possible, try to do an other game mode with the same properties excepted that it's not a 'classic' TDM and then rename it through the editlocalize, it might work
Gogie
Modeling Master
Modeling Master
Projects :: Tinkering away with LEGO

Re: Different names for the same-game mode.

Post by Gogie »

CT108 wrote:
CdtFox wrote:Is this possible to have different names for the same game-mode depending the map?

I don't think that it's possible, try to do an other game mode with the same properties excepted that it's not a 'classic' TDM and then rename it through the editlocalize, it might work
from scarif:
Hidden/Spoiler:
[code]sp_missionselect_listbox_contents[sp_n+1] =
{ isModLevel = 1,
mapluafile = "BRS%s_%s",
era_g = 1,
mode_con_g = 1,
mode_1flag_g =1,
mode_ctf_g =1,
mode_c1_g =1,
mode_c2_g =1,
mode_c3_g =1,
mode_c4_g =1,
mode_siege_g =1,
mode_seige_g =1,
mode_hunt_g = 1,
change = {
mode_hunt = { name="Team Deathmatch", icon="mode_icon_hunt", about="Kill enemy players to increase your score, first team to the score limit wins" },
mode_c1 = { name="Base Assault", icon="mode_icon_hunt", about="Destroy the enemy base and kill players to score enough points to win" },
mode_c2 = { name="Base Assault XL", icon="mode_icon_hunt", about="Destroy the enemy base and kill players to score enough points to win" },
mode_c3 = { name="Bombardment", icon="mode_icon_hunt", about="Place a Homing Beacon to order the Star Destroyer to bombard the enemies base" },
mode_c4 = { name="Bombardment XL", icon="mode_icon_hunt", about="Place a Homing Beacon to order the Star Destroyer to bombard the enemies base" },
mode_siege = { name="Intel Recovery", icon="mode_icon_hunt", about="Break into the enemies base and steal their plans then return it to the comm tower." },
mode_seige = { name="Intel Recovery XL", icon="mode_icon_hunt", about="Break into the enemies base and steal their plans then return it to the comm tower." },
},
}
[/code]
its totally possible...
and fairly easy if you have ZERTEDS 1.3 patch... just go into the Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\AAA-v1.3patch\docs\howtos
look for a file called "how to change an era or gamemodes name" everything you need to know is in that file. If you change the modes name you will have to create a localized string for the mode as well otherwise the default name will show on its loading screen in the upper right corner.

[EDIT] it is important to note, when I did the new gamemodes in Scarif Cargo zone I created a seperate block of code in the addme and instead of naming Cargo Zone as brs2 I named it a seperate 3 letter name (SCZ) im not sure if this is required but I did so so it used a seperate block in the addme to make a second line for its own gamemodes.

you can find a list of gamemode names supported by the 1.3 patches changes in Star Wars Battlefront II\GameData\addon\AAA-v1.3patch\ and look for a file called shell.lvlchangelog.txt