Terrain Jump Height Service Ceiling [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Psyringe
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: SWBFII- ARC ACTS- CTF CTG TMK PPD TFK
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII ACTS WTFZF ++
xbox live or psn: N/A

Terrain Jump Height Service Ceiling [Solved]

Post by Psyringe »

Post number one. How exciting. I'm sure this is answered; but I'm yet to scour all 400+ pages of threads.

I noticed when Pawns are higher than 50m they die when they jump. Is there any way to change that?

I was also going to look into tga2ter, it's no doubt the "enhanced tool", but realistically speaking isn't .MSH the best route? Notice my objects never rest exactly on the ground; and I like to measure my 1m-2m barriers to exacts. Keep in mind I can only take the forum in doses, 20-40 pages of data per visit - not to mention the startup time and integration of personal workflow. A FAQ for FAQ's might come in handy.

For example I'm a C4D User. My workflow is 100% and I have a terrain generator. How many polygons can a single geometry have? Could - in theory - I generate a giant terrain map (bar the limitations) and place visibility/interactive odf's on it? Is it OK to stitch my starships & interiors together?

Anyway. I'm an experienced Pandemic junkie. ;)
erm.. long live battlezone...
Last edited by Psyringe on Sun May 07, 2017 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Terrain Jump Height Service Ceiling

Post by thelegend »

:| hello and welcome :D
Psyringe wrote:I noticed when Pawns are higher than 50m they die when they jump. Is there any way to change that?
You possibly want to increase the maximum height of your map. This FAQ covers a lot of your questions etc: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806

Especially this one: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=18662
Psyringe
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: SWBFII- ARC ACTS- CTF CTG TMK PPD TFK
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII ACTS WTFZF ++
xbox live or psn: N/A

Re: Terrain Jump Height Service Ceiling

Post by Psyringe »

Check. Made the mistake of not scrolling down far enough on 3.0 - I've been resourcing all the FAQs by hand until I paid closer attention.

That was exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks thelegend, I'll be around.