Localization Tip

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

LitFam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF II 2005
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Localization Tip

Post by LitFam »

Something I noticed while making my mod. If you set the unit count to 1,1 the game actually uses its localized name for the ai, however it does not change the human name sadly.

Step 1: Make your unit or if your using a stock troop just open your lua instead (ignore steps 1-3 if your using a stock troop)

Step 2: Localize your unit by clicking on the editlocalize in your data_*** folder (ignore steps 1-3 if your using a stock troop)

Step 3: Bring up you lua for that map and add your new troop in or use a stock troop. (If you use a stock troop then ignore steps 1-3)

Step 4: Scroll down to SetupTeams and change the desired unit's maximum count to this **** = {"****",1, 1},

Step 5: Munge your side folder (if you are using a stock troop you don't have to munge the side) and your Common, so it munges the edits you made to your lua.

Step 6: Test in game (it may take a while because your unit max was set to 1,1. If you manage to kill that ai then on the kill feed it will say: your human name killed your localized troop or stock troop name)

I put this up because some people will want thier maps to be realistic like in star wars. For example, there was only one darth maul with a double bladed lightsaber, so it would make sense to set the unit max to 1,1.