User side Floating Weapon Bug? [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

LegionIX
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

User side Floating Weapon Bug? [Solved]

Post by LegionIX »

Folks,

I'm sure there's dozens of posts relating to this annoying bug, but I picked up the steam version of BF2 for my new laptop w/ no disk drive and I'm having the floating weapon bug with mods (specifically Clone Wars Era Mod and Torfront, but only some maps) that I didn't on my old PC with the disk version. I have installed Unofficial 1.3 r129

I'm working with:
AMD740MX
i7-7500U
Windows 10
Steam Version

Any ideas besides a re-install?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: User side Floating Weapon Bug?

Post by Marth8880 »

Some mod/map authors don't go to the extra effort of polishing their work, and as such not all bother to implement the floating weapon icon fix in their projects that include custom weapons. I don't know if this is the case for the mods you mentioned, but it very well might be if you have the 1.3 patch installed.
LegionIX
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: BF2

Post by LegionIX »

Fixed - I pulled out all the modified files that were direct in _LVL_PC rather than addon and it's working now. I'll just trial and error figure out which one was causing it, but it looks like it was some kind of inter-mod conflict.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Post by CdtFox »

Marth8880 wrote:Some mod/map authors don't go to the extra effort of polishing their work, and as such not all bother to implement the floating weapon icon fix in their projects that include custom weapons. I don't know if this is the case for the mods you mentioned, but it very well might be if you have the 1.3 patch installed.
Sometimes it depends on the files installed in the game directory and the PC.
I know a few mods with fixed icons for the author but not the player. Gogie's scariff map pack is the perfect exemple.
I know that he fixed the floating icons, but for some reasons they are still in the middle of the screen on my PC :s

I wonder if this is possible to load the stock icons without following Fragme! 's tut. Bfx mod is using them but there is no HUD tag in the odf.