Is it possible to convert the original Xbox dlc files to PC?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

thecommanderox
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Is it possible to convert the original Xbox dlc files to PC?

Post by thecommanderox »

Hello, from doing some searching online I found the files from the original xbox expansion pack for Battlefront 2. I am wondering if there is any way to port the files over to the PC version of Battlefront 2 and get the content working.

Before I posted this I tried many ways of getting them to work with the game on PC. All attempts were unsuccessful and led to the game crashing after the loading screen(yes I know there is a crash bug with some people's computers, but this doesnt apply here).

Using the BFront2.log stuff I found the game had some issues with directional pad tooltips and models for being in a turrent and strafing(I really have no idea what this all means, it could be something entirely different). I also found the core.lvl was way different from core.lvls from other maps(again no real clue).

Look, being honest, I know very little about Battlefront 2 modding and how the Zero Engine works. I just want to ask: is there a way to take the xbox dlc content and move it over to the pc version of battlefront 2?

I am willing to discuss in detail what i've tried and give logs that I have recorded.

Thanks for reading, and hope we can find a solution or answer to this problem!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Re: Is it possible to convert the original Xbox dlc files to

Post by Teancum »

No, but you can get all the maps and the two new heroes with community made content. Kit Fisto was actually sent to us by a developer with the stipulation that we have him pre-compiled for PC.
thecommanderox
Games I'm Playing :: Battlefront II

Post by thecommanderox »

That's too bad, but thanks for the answer. Was the Xbox live content just a straight port of the bf1 maps? Or did they add anything to them?(besides heroes)
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

The maps have some major differences from their original SWBF1 counterparts like different vehicles spawning in and the use of a variety of turret types. All four maps also used new environment models in some places (e.g. new ramp models on Cloud City and new ice tunnel entrance on Rhen Var: Harbor). Among other things are Rhen Var: Harbor had some extra terrain work done and Yavin IV: Arena being in a sunset/rise setting instead of a rainy one. So yeah, changes were definitely made.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

That being said generally speaking if you want to enjoy SWBF2 on an Xbox, mod it and install the SWBF2 Xbox mod, which includes the DLC and a ton more.
modmaster13
General
General
Games I'm Playing :: COD SWBF
xbox live or psn: KrypticcElementt

Post by modmaster13 »

Is it still possible to get the Xbox DLC pack for Battlefront 2?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Its out there on the web, but the installer only works on nodded consoles
SleepKiller
Corporal
Corporal
xbox live or psn: N/A

Post by SleepKiller »

Sure it is possible. (Almost anything is possible given enough time.) You can run the files through this and see what you get back. If you're unfamiliar with mod maps and their structure (that is if you don't understand how .req/.mrq files work) it would be a nontrivial amount of work to get in munging again. But it is perfectly possible to learn how to do that.

The tool I linked however has no support for Xbox models or textures. However at request I added support for PS2 models; I'm happy to do the same for the Xbox format if you think you're willing to put in the hard yards yourself to learn how to stitch it all together. (If you haven't modded the game before there would be a lot to learn so you could recreate .req files/layer info/gamemode info/mission scripts/localization and possibly other manual touchups.)