Shadows vanish when the player turns around. [SOLVED]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

EverlastingRoses
Private Recruit
Projects :: Endors Horrors
Games I'm Playing :: Starwars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Shadows vanish when the player turns around. [SOLVED]

Post by EverlastingRoses »

I noticed that on my map the shadows vanish when the player turns their back to the object casting it. Character shadows also don't appear and in past experiences they turn into long poles of flickering shade (lol)

Update: It turns out I had the Directional lighting too high in the map so that was causing the shadows to flicker in and out depending on how the player faced them.

Remaining Issue: Getting player shadows to work. I've checked alot of the settings and went back to some tutorials but I still haven't been able to make the unit's shadows appear. Could it possibly be due to me not have any sort of .fx file in my world1 folder?

Alrighty nvm, it's because I burned the terrain!
(Welp all that confusion over a lil thing like that :p)
Last edited by EverlastingRoses on Wed Aug 23, 2017 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Shadows vanish when the player turns around.

Post by Marth8880 »

Sounds like the affected meshes may have a bad bounding box, or the shadowvolumes may be too high-poly. With that said, are the affected meshes custom-made (either by you or someone else) or are they stock assets?
EverlastingRoses
Private Recruit
Projects :: Endors Horrors
Games I'm Playing :: Starwars Battlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Shadows vanish when the player turns around.

Post by EverlastingRoses »

Marth8880 wrote:Sounds like the affected meshes may have a bad bounding box, or the shadowvolumes may be too high-poly. With that said, are the affected meshes custom-made (either by you or someone else) or are they stock assets?
Everything I'm currently using are the stock assets.