BF2 Mod tools on the way!

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Teancum »

@ mini -- As long as we have Kaiser visiting the forums, you might PM him.
L-5-R

Post by L-5-R »

@ Minilogoguy Nice to see your still working on that... sorry mate lot of RL issues came up....

I myself will be very intrested to see what the changes to the BF engine will reflect on modding...And hope that we get animation working corectly... (as in collision too)

We can only wait and see, but in the mean time im diving into xsi.

L-5-R out.
swbf_lase
Major General
Major General
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet

Post by swbf_lase »

Umm its the middle of the next week umm... Me see no mod tools...
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

We really need to be patient. They're trying to get the XSI exporter into the mod tools, which makes a big difference. Personally, I'll wait so that we can create new models easily.

Oh -- and my 'source' tells me the guy working on the Space side of the tools wasn't ready, they were going to release space tools later, then decided to put it all in one.
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Post by Darth-Derkie »

If there is going to be an exporter for the XSI mod tools, I don't mind waiting a little longer. A "little". :wink:
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

Teancum wrote:We really need to be patient. They're trying to get the XSI exporter into the mod tools, which makes a big difference. Personally, I'll wait so that we can create new models easily.

Oh -- and my 'source' tells me the guy working on the Space side of the tools wasn't ready, they were going to release space tools later, then decided to put it all in one.
Teancum, I thinks its great that they are trying to get the XSI exporter working for the mod tools (I would wait 2 more weeks if I knew there would be one for sure) but don't you think they should atleast come out and say that there will be one? When you say they are trying does this mean that we may not have the XSI mod tool exporter? Does this mean they could come out next week and say we tried but there just won't be a mod tool exporter. If we knew for sure we could start making models already! :wink:
Rends
Sith
Sith

Post by Rends »

guys don´t get confused here:
It´s a difference if you say that Pandemic will include the XSI exporter with the Pandemic modtools or if you say that Pandemic will release a Softimage XSI modtool exporter.

From what i know is that only Softimage can release exporter for their XSI modtool but Pandemic can´t

So propably the XSI exporter in the Pandemic modtool will be the one for XSI4.2 (and higher) and not be compatible with the Softimage XSI modtool 3D editing software.
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Pretty sure he already said there wont be an exporter for XSI modtool
Vyse
General
General

Post by Vyse »

Rends wrote:guys don´t get confused here:
It´s a difference if you say that Pandemic will include the XSI exporter with the Pandemic modtools or if you say that Pandemic will release a Softimage XSI modtool exporter.

From what i know is that only Softimage can release exporter for their XSI modtool but Pandemic can´t

So propably the XSI exporter in the Pandemic modtool will be the one for XSI4.2 (and higher) and not be compatible with the Softimage XSI modtool 3D editing software.
I figured that what Teancum said meant the Pandemic and Softimage were working together to get the exporter working.

PAN-Kaiser said: "I'm looking into the exporter for XSI mod tools issue" and now Teancum says they are working on the mod tool exporter? I think we need to know Teancum's source and either way we need to here a definet YES or NO from the devs. Not it will work with this version or that version, just YES or NO to the Mod Tools.
Rends
Sith
Sith

Post by Rends »

Well don´t count on Softimage.
In Dezember 2004 gmorgan from Softimage wrote in the reply of my xsi modtool exporter request:
" We're actively working on it with Pandemic. Watch for news." But there wasn´t any.
I don´t believe in Softimage anymore. So PAN Kaiser will probably find out too that´s not Pandemic fault but Softimage ones. I´m not optimistic anymore about the XSI Modtool exporter and Softimages hasn´t supported XSI modtools since jan 2005 if i´m right.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin

Post by Leviathan »

Well, to sum up, we can easily compare XSI Mod Tools and the Fedora Core project : Both were free, and could be considered as "experimentation terrains" by their designers... (Avid / Softimage and Red Hat...)
jango232

Post by jango232 »

dude yeh cant wait to see wot all those modders and mappers come up with
Lord-Bandu

Post by Lord-Bandu »

Hey Jango , where abouts in Manchester are you?
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin

Post by Teancum »

Vyse wrote:
PAN-Kaiser said: "I'm looking into the exporter for XSI mod tools issue" and now Teancum says they are working on the mod tool exporter? I think we need to know Teancum's source and either way we need to here a definet YES or NO from the devs. Not it will work with this version or that version, just YES or NO to the Mod Tools.
I didn't say they are including the the XSI Mod Tools exporter with the download, but rather that they are working on the XSI Exporter to be included in the BF2 mod tools. All I said was that the are wanted to include an exporter. I have no idea if it will work with XSI Mod Tools.
PAN-Kaiser

Post by PAN-Kaiser »

The exporter that we release with the BF2 mod tools will *not* work in the mod tools version of XSI. We are still looking into getting our exporter supported in XSI mod tools, but this will come after the initial BF2 mod tools release, if it comes (I'm hoping it does, but I still don't know for sure)
Epena
Old School Staff

Post by Epena »

this will come after the initial BF2 mod tools release, if it comes
Yeah, pretty much man. I know that's not what you intended to say, but, yeah. It was for the supporting XSI tools, but, thought I'd make irony of the ill-wroten (:P) sentence.

It's past the middle of this week. ;)
Ipodzanyman
Sith
Sith
Games I'm Playing :: ME3 Demo

Post by Ipodzanyman »

When is the OFFICIAL date of release?
TheTao

Post by TheTao »

How many times must we say this to people/noobs? THERE IS NOT OFFICIAL RELEASE DATE. Read the whole topic!
Rends
Sith
Sith

Post by Rends »

"To mod or not to mod. THAT is the question"

Modlet (III, i, 56-61) William Modspeare

Perhaps the most famous soliloquy in literature, these words reflect the state of desperation in which Modlet, the Prince of modding, finds himself as he contemplates suicide. His father, the Kinguru, has died. His mother, the Queen, has remarried within a month of the Kingurus passing, an act which has disturbed young Modlet in and of itself. To make it worse, she has married the Kingurus brother, Modlet's uncle, who is now the King-LA of modding. As Modlet's despair deepens, he learns (through the appearance of an apparition of his dead father) that the old Kinguru was murdered by the new King-LA. Modlet's growing awareness of the betrayal of his mother and evil of King-LA leads to a deepening depression and madness. This soliloquy contains the famous words "Thus conscience does make cowards of us all", hinting that the "dread of something after death"-purgatory, hell, perhaps-is what keeps Modlet alive to avenge his father.

:wink:
pinx

Post by pinx »

Rends, nice, I like that. I just wish it wasn't based on a true story! :shock: :cry: :)