Modtools VisualMunge.exe "Runtime error" [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Modtools VisualMunge.exe "Runtime error" [Solved]

Post by SkinnyODST »

Every time I try to run my Modtools VisualMunge, it says -
Runtime Error!

Program: C:\BF2_ModTools\data\CVS\_BUILD\Modtools VisualMunge.exe

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application`s support team for more information.
Wat is going on and how do I fix this?

EDIT: Take note, this is only happening with 1 of my worlds, all the others work

EDIT II: Ok so I have absolutely NO idea why or how, but all of a sudden, it works. Very strange..
Last edited by SkinnyODST on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:38 am, edited 10 times in total.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Modtools.exe "Runtime error"

Post by Lorul1 »

SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

From these it seems it was the antivirus. I turned off everything I could see in mine but the problem still occurs. The other topics say it`s the computer, like my graphics card or screen resolution, but if that`s my problem, then why is it only this world doing this? All the others work perfectly.
Luckily I haven`t made a map in this mod. It`s just an era mod. So as I`m guessing I`ll just never find a solution to this, (it was also said in one of those topics somewhere that not many people have found a solution to it) would copy and pasting all the main files (like the side folder) from this world into a new data_*** folder work? And if so, is there a way to copy localisation to it as well? Or would I have to make new names for everything in it?

I know it seems like I`m giving up early, but it doesn`t seem like this is a problem so easily fixed
Last edited by SkinnyODST on Mon Sep 11, 2017 1:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
LitFam
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF II 2005
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by LitFam »

Do you have an folder of your three letter name in your world folder? Sometimes this can cause the munge error.

Wait are you trying to change the 3 lettered *** from CHR to CVR from the assets I sent you?, if so you just screwed the CHR side becuase it's incompatible with the 3 lettered word CVR and this may also be the reason.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

LitFam wrote:Do you have an folder of your three letter name in your world folder? Sometimes this can cause the munge error.

Wait are you trying to change the 3 lettered *** from CHR to CVR from the assets I sent you?, if so you just screwed the CHR side becuase it's incompatible with the 3 lettered word CVR and this may also be the reason.
There`s a CVS folder in data_CVS/_LVL_PC with a CVS lvl file in it, but I`m quite sure that`s supposed to be there.

And no this isn`t Christophsis, this is another mod I`m working on.

EDIT: Ok so I have absolutely NO idea why or how, but all of a sudden, it works. Very strange..
BF2ModTools is such a troll sometimes