model count limit in map?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

model count limit in map?

Post by Ginev »

Does someone know how much models you can put on your map?Cuz i am getting weird bug while i am loading my map the loading screen go to full loaded and stuck there.When i remove few models the map work again.The models i am removing work but for some reason when i put few more the map stuck on loading.I just want to say i am using the Star Wars First Assault models extracted from the demo game and there is ton and ton of model parts.

This is my map i made so far but i can't continue:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJdvMgQlcEE&t=1s

EDIT:AQT mentioned once something about too long odf/msh names.Could this be the problem.
All my odf/msh names starting something like this:

Examples:
FA_HousePart10barricade
FA_HousePart11BigHouse and something like that.All my models are named like that.Is this too long?
GAB
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Re: model count limit in map?

Post by GAB »

I had this problem when making Kothlis Sea Haven. In my case, it turned out it was because the bungalows and platform models had too many collision primitives and since there were several instances of the models on the map, the game seemed to hit some sort of limit during loading.

A suggestion would be using collision meshes instead of primitives. It worked for me at the time.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

I believe the maximum number of collision primitives a single MSH can have is 64.

Resources:
https://sites.google.com/site/swbf2modt ... ion-Meshes
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Ginev »

All of my models do not use collision pritimives.They are using collision mesh and its just one.Also the problem i think its not in collisions at all.Its the models itself that are placed on my map.I talk about that limit.Maybe i need to combine some models into one model to avoid reaching certain model count limit.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

The only "model limit" that exists is the object limit, which is 1,024. With that said, make sure none of your models are insanely high-poly, so nothing that's >15k triangles or something.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Ginev »

I started combining some of the areas of my map into one model.This will slow me down alot but its worth it since i do not have the limit problem anymore.Portals and sectors will help me alot aswell.Thanks for the help guys.