Ocean invisible ingame (help)

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Remaking FR Battlefront 3 Tatooine map.
Games I'm Playing :: nothing for now
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Ocean invisible ingame (help)

Post by Ginev »

I do not know why but i am using Kamino ocean on my map and ingame the ocean waves are visible when from far away but while im coming closer the water start to dissapear infront of me.Its fading slowly while im moving forward however when i go there i can see splashes of water which mean its still there but cant see it.I have not made any changes to the fx file and i have all the textures i need.The map im using is new and empty.Help!
thelegend
Sith
Sith
Projects :: Star Wars - Battlefront III Legacy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf GTA CoD LoL KH
xbox live or psn: El_Fabricio#

Re: Ocean invisible ingame (help)

Post by thelegend »

I've had that problem too sometimes. I am not sure how the water is handled there. Others recommend using the kamino terrain to have the exact same water information. Using the same effect(s) and especially the sky files, might be useful too. It should be possible, to import the whole terrain-like map into your data_MOD folder. My theory might be around the SkyInfo section.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Ginev »

Ill try and i will tell if there is a problem.
Ginev
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major

Post by Ginev »

Well the interesting thing is that the ocean is fully visible if you are beneat the terrain level.Thats why on Kamino when you click in Zero Editor on the right up corner Terrain there is a option to turn off Terrain level.You keep Water level On and the water is fully visible ingame however you do not have terrain and you free fall.I gues ocean is usable only when there is no terrain on your map.

EDIT:It seems if you make the hole for the water to be deeper the ocean water will be visible even infront of you.So it seems there is a parameters that are controling how visible will be the water in certain depth.But i can't find it for now....