Need help installing a mod

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

jodis
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: none
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Need help installing a mod

Post by jodis »

I downloaded the rancor assets that should make the rancor a playable unit,made by MetalcoreRancor.
The problem is i dont know how to install it,i tried to follow the guide in the readme file but i couldnt get it to work.
I also tried following a few guides on this forum but i wasnt abel to understand them properly

Could somebody pls explain step-by-step how to make the rancor a playable unit on one of the orginal maps from the game,I would greatly appriciate it.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Need help installing a mod

Post by Marth8880 »

Welcome to Gametoast! :)

What you're looking for is how to create a side mod. See here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=287596#p287596
jodis
Games I'm Playing :: none

Post by jodis »

Marth8880 wrote:Welcome to Gametoast! :)

What you're looking for is how to create a side mod. See here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?p=287596#p287596

it says i need to create a map first,when i do that and try to launch it,the game crashes and it says couldt load mission.lvl.

what do i do now?
EasyOvenOperator
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII

Post by EasyOvenOperator »

yes, to use a custom side you must create your own map. it's not possible to just implant a unit mode into other people's mods. i'm not sure about the stock maps (other than creating your own from them).
i'm new to modding swbf2 so i can't give you the expert advice these guys can. did you use the munge fix after the first 2 steps of munging?