Modding races

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

busterkinkade

Modding races

Post by busterkinkade »

I am creating a mod which requires units from 2 races being put into one, I am basically making a mod which will have Jedi playable (fighting side by side with the republic) in the republic race, I have tried to add the jedi in with the republic (replacing rep_inf_rocketeer with the jedi of that class) but I can only add jedi in if I completely overide the republic race, suffice to say I cannot have both units from the different races, I must have one race or the other. Do I have to modify the race .lvls, or is there something I am missing?
Any help appreciated!

Sincerly
busterkinakde
Darth-Derkie
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Darth-Derkie »

I think this is for SWBFI, jedi are already playable.
busterkinkade

Post by busterkinkade »

I meant the Jedi off the coruscant "rise of the empire" level, havn't you played SWBFII? If so I would be strongly advised that you dont post on the SWBF II servers.

Oh and ignore people who post questions like that, it is not help and merely distracts people from the thread, he does not know what he is talking about.
OGEB1103

Post by OGEB1103 »

"Doesn't know what he's talking about!!!"

Anyway, don't scold him, it's just because he didn't know that you wanted to put those jedi in the side. Why don't you just replace the specified unit with one of the hero jedis anyway. they're on the same side and when you replace, let's say the Heavy Trooper, with one of the heros, they lose their hero life and just have a normal one, its a lot easier, and the heros pwn anyway.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

buster', calling units from different Sides (Such as "rep.lvl" and "jed.lvl") won't work through hex-editing, since it'd require too much work... On the other hand, once SWBF II Mod Tools will have been released, then such a mod might be realized...
busterkinkade

Post by busterkinkade »

Thankyou, now the wait for the mod tools! And my apologies Darth-Derkie.