Levelpack.exe crash

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

darthhalv
Private First Class
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: starwarsbattlefront2

Levelpack.exe crash

Post by darthhalv »

I keep getting notification that my Levelpack.exe has ''stopped working every time I munge does anyone know what to do? (Merry X-mas by the way)
Delta327
Master Sergeant
Master Sergeant
Projects :: Shattered Galaxy
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Levelpack.exe crash

Post by Delta327 »

have you tried manual cleaning it?
EasyOvenOperator
Private Recruit
Games I'm Playing :: SWBFII
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by EasyOvenOperator »

the problem could also be a model issue. i kept getting this after a failed hex edit a few weeks ago. tried to copy paste the original model over the hexed model but i kept getting the error. i had to completely delete the model then re-add the original model after a manual clean. i'm now getting the error with another model, but replacing the model doesn't seem to work although it did show up in game the first time i munged.
Hidden/Spoiler:
ERROR[levelpack all.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\all_hero_jyn.lvl.req(1)...

ucft <--
ERROR[levelpack all.req]:Expecting bracket, but none was found.
File : munged\pc\all_hero_jyn.lvl.req(1)...

ucft <--
[continuing]
2 Errors 0 Warnings
i've done a manual clean 5 times now going on 6, to no avail.
i've checked all the files associated with the model (req,odf) and everything is good. so i can only assume it's the model, which doesn't make sense seeing as how it's a model uploaded from someone who knows what they are doing.

EDIT:
i had this problem again yesterday. the severity 3s were all referencing three units i have been using for a good while without problem (2 i downloaded and 1 i hex edited myself) so i knew the models weren't the problem. after manual cleaning 3 times and getting the same result, i then went to the "req" files it was referencing in the "BUILD/WORLD/MUNGED/PC folder and before having to look at all three units' "req" files it dawned on me that they were all using a shield-turret i had recently changed. after changing the information in the shield odf back to what i had it as previously and doing a manual clean, it then worked perfectly again.
so it's a good idea to check the "req" being referenced and see if it is something you altered.
darthhalv
Private First Class
Games I'm Playing :: starwarsbattlefront2

Post by darthhalv »

Checked my req files and found the odf..Manual cleaning worked and everything works again now. Thanks!