Need a bit of help with creating a camouflage skin.

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

mrcluster
Private First Class
Projects :: Tatooine - Jundland Wastes
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Need a bit of help with creating a camouflage skin.

Post by mrcluster »

Not sure if this belongs in the modelling section, but I'll give it a shot here.

I'm trying to make a camouflage skin for the Scout Trooper, and I did the following, as others said was a good way to do it:

- Make the image black and white, then make all white colours transparent.
- Paste the camouflage image over it.

However, I've run into a bit of a problem, as you can see in the finished skin:
Hidden/Spoiler:
The parts of the Scout Trooper's clothing that're not fully black (the places where there are creases in the pants are where it's most noticable) still have the camo texture underneath it, albeit much less visible. Since GIMP's scissor-select tool is very tedious to use, my OCD makes me not want to use the lasso/free select due to it possibly being inaccurate, and selection-by-colour is difficult, what is the best way to exclude the camouflage texture from these areas? By the way, I have GIMP and paint.net at my disposal.

EDIT: Wow, I just noticed you can see camouflage faintly under the visor. That sucks.
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Need a bit of help with creating a camouflage skin.

Post by Lorul1 »

Yeah the best way I can think of it WOULD be to use the lasso tool sadly - I know it would be time consuming and all but yeah. The only other idea would be the fuzzy select tool (the one that looks like a wand) if you click and drag it will only select similar areas but i think that would be less accurate.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Need a bit of help with creating a camouflage skin.

Post by SkinnyODST »

That`s easy to fix, I`d just use the eraser tool and adjust the sizing of it and remove all the camo from the clothing