Some help for creating a new unit using Nihilus model

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Gabonza
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Some help for creating a new unit using Nihilus model

Post by Gabonza »

Hello everyone,

I am beginner on modding SWBF, though the only thing i want to do is just add Nihilus as playable hero on the villain side. I know there are mods in which he is playable i just find the models to be ugly.
I have the Nihilus model from KOTOR 2 though my question is, is it possible to use his model to make him a hero in SWBF II ? I was thinking of using Vaders animations. I imagine i should somehow fit the model to Vaders skeleton.
After i did some digging here i found some posts on how to create a custom side, the jedi creation guide and looked up in the model section too.

So, the questions are :

1) On which tutorial should i start first?
2) How do i add him to the game using his KOTOR II model?
3) Can someone give an idea on the workflow of the steps i should make?

Thank you very much for your help :)
Lorul1
Rebel Colonel
Rebel Colonel
Projects :: Assault on Theed
Games I'm Playing :: Battlegrounds

Re: Some help for creating a new unit using Nihilus model

Post by Lorul1 »

Ah nihilus is an interesting one

since your a beginner - first and foremost welcome to gametoast
second, I'd use this link here to get some answers to some questions you might have :

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806

Adding models from other games is sadly a bit more of an advanced thing and involves downloading a 3d modeling program (more on that here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14465 and here viewforum.php?f=36 )

SO what i recommend you do is retexture the emperors model and by just retexturing his face you can probably get a good Nihilus
(this is what a modder did to achieve a cool looking kylo ren as you can see here
Hidden/Spoiler:
)

If you are interested in learning about how to do that read the tutorials from here on "sides" and "texture editing"
Hope that helps
Gabonza
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Re: Some help for creating a new unit using Nihilus model

Post by Gabonza »

Lorul1 wrote:Ah nihilus is an interesting one

since your a beginner - first and foremost welcome to gametoast
second, I'd use this link here to get some answers to some questions you might have :

viewtopic.php?f=27&t=13806

Adding models from other games is sadly a bit more of an advanced thing and involves downloading a 3d modeling program (more on that here: viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14465 and here viewforum.php?f=36 )

SO what i recommend you do is retexture the emperors model and by just retexturing his face you can probably get a good Nihilus
(this is what a modder did to achieve a cool looking kylo ren as you can see here
Hidden/Spoiler:
)

If you are interested in learning about how to do that read the tutorials from here on "sides" and "texture editing"
Hope that helps
Thank you! :D

Well i have seen exactly that type of model around, the problem is i am desperate to get the actual KOTOR model working.
I have found this tutorial : https://sites.google.com/site/swbf2modt ... tup-in-xsi in order to make the bones work i think
Then if i am not mistaken i must make it compatible as an .msh file using this : http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=20928

Now after all this i think i am going to :
A) make a map
B) add a side
C) implement Nihilus after i use the Jedi Creation tutorial, though i think i'll have problems making the cape move, i'll search that a bit more.
D) profit

Did i get the steps right or i am missing something? :runaway: