Republic Side Modding Help

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

DieuDeGlace
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Republic Side Modding Help

Post by DieuDeGlace »

Hello all,

I am new to this community, and to modding as well. I have looked into the the FAQ forum but all the tutorials make no sense to me. I have never messed with hex editor or anything else at all. All I'm simply trying to do is modify the republic units to be the 21st nova corps, and have updated Anakin and obi wan models but everytime I edit something and, after munging and adding the files to their respective places, start a match the game crashes.
CdtFox
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: BUC and Designated Days
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2+EAW+Subnautica

Re: Republic Side Modding Help

Post by CdtFox »

Un français?! C'est pas coutume :)
Hidden/Spoiler:
J'ai fait quelques tutoriels en français pour que les gens apprennent facilement à modder ce jeu, contacte moi par mp sur Moddb.com si tu es intéressés :D
(--toutefois on ne parle qu'en anglais ici, c'est plus respectueux)

What do you mean by "updated Anakin & obiwan models" and what's the link with the 21st nova corps? Do you mean the clone commander model? Also for a side mod make sure you copied the "Common" side folder too not only "rep".
DieuDeGlace
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: Republic Side Modding Help

Post by DieuDeGlace »

CdtFox wrote:Un français?! C'est pas coutume :)
Hidden/Spoiler:
J'ai fait quelques tutoriels en français pour que les gens apprennent facilement à modder ce jeu, contacte moi par mp sur Moddb.com si tu es intéressés :D
(--toutefois on ne parle qu'en anglais ici, c'est plus respectueux)

What do you mean by "updated Anakin & obiwan models" and what's the link with the 21st nova corps? Do you mean the clone commander model? Also for a side mod make sure you copied the "Common" side folder too not only "rep".
What I mean by updated, and this is on me for not elaborating, is that they are better models like anikans model from the force unleashed. The clonecommander is what I meant by the 21st nova corps but I found a model by deviss where it was hd and was under that name or galactic marine. I'll try the common side folder but can you give me a directory like where ill find it?