How I create a campaign for Battlefront 2? [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

DaviidHL
Private Third Class
Projects :: Kashyyyk Droid Invasion
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: DaviidHL_

How I create a campaign for Battlefront 2? [Solved]

Post by DaviidHL »

I have Battlefront 2 Mod tools and I have some experience creating maps with Zeroeditor. But, how I can create a campaign in a space map?
Last edited by DaviidHL on Sun Apr 15, 2018 9:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
hunpeter12
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Underground City The Complex [WIP]
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: How I create a campaign for Battlefront 2?

Post by hunpeter12 »

To create a campaign mission you need some knowledge of LUA and the BF2 scripts. I recommend checking out some tutorials such as this: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=9323 and looking at the stock campaign maps' scripts in "BF2_ModTools/assets/scripts".
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: How I create a campaign for Battlefront 2?

Post by Marth8880 »

To add onto what hunpeter said, I also recommend reading through the "official" scripting system guide: https://sites.google.com/site/swbf2modt ... ing_system

Additionally, I recommend setting up a proper SWBF2 scripting environment to make your scripting experience easier. I recommend using either Visual Studio Code or Lua Development Tools for your IDE, paired with my Lua API, which can be found HERE (for Visual Studio Code) and HERE (for LDT), that way you'll have things like auto-complete like so!

With that said, if you choose to go with Visual Studio Code, I recommend getting the LuaCoderAssist extension and vscode-lua extension so you can have proper syntax highlighting, linting, etc. The default settings for LuaCoderAssist are pretty annoying, so I recommend using these ones:

Code: Select all

"LuaCoderAssist.luacheck.enable": false,
	"LuaCoderAssist.metric.enable": false,
	"LuaCoderAssist.format.lineWidth": 250,