Mod File Question

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

F1ghter16
Private Third Class
Projects :: ARC Trooper Era
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Mod File Question

Post by F1ghter16 »

I downloaded a mod a little bit ago that replaces wimpy troops with killer ones in the Naboo map. I was wondering if it is possible to apply this to all maps. Before you ask, the files that it came with are as follows:
common.lvl
core.lvl
ingame.lvl
inshell.lvl
mission.lvl
rep.lvl
repshell.lvl
cis.lvl
cisshell.lvl
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Re: Mod File Question

Post by SkinnyODST »

You could try using some of these files as a side mod. I`m guessing you haven`t installed a side mod before? It would be the same as installing a side mod except you`d use the files from this Naboo map. Look for a tutorial on YouTube, its easy. However there`s no guarantee that it`ll work with these files, but it might
F1ghter16
Private Third Class
Projects :: ARC Trooper Era
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by F1ghter16 »

SkinnyODST wrote:You could try using some of these files as a side mod. I`m guessing you haven`t installed a side mod before? It would be the same as installing a side mod except you`d use the files from this Naboo map. Look for a tutorial on YouTube, its easy. However there`s no guarantee that it`ll work with these files, but it might
So I tried that and when I enter a level, the game loads up and then crashes. I only used the rep.lvl and repshell.lvl like I saw on YouTube.
SkinnyODST
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Post by SkinnyODST »

F1ghter16 wrote:
SkinnyODST wrote:You could try using some of these files as a side mod. I`m guessing you haven`t installed a side mod before? It would be the same as installing a side mod except you`d use the files from this Naboo map. Look for a tutorial on YouTube, its easy. However there`s no guarantee that it`ll work with these files, but it might
So I tried that and when I enter a level, the game loads up and then crashes. I only used the rep.lvl and repshell.lvl like I saw on YouTube.
Well then I guess that means it doesn`t work as a side mod :/
The files must change too much of the original units so it won`t work. Side mods work if the files only change the textures/weapons and/or models and I`m pretty sure there also needs to be 5 units just like the stock game, less or more than 5 won`t work. There`s unfortunately not much you can do unless you find and download all the files that make up the side and create your own version of the sides that works as a side mod.