Spectator mode changes

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Legitosity
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 - CSGO
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Spectator mode changes

Post by Legitosity »

With the current BFC tournament this summer, we've been streaming a lot of matches.

I was wondering if a modder could help me with a couple of changes to the spectator view. I mainly want two things, the minimap and the ticket count.

Right now it's super annoying to spectate/cast conquest matches because we can't really tell which side is winning. It would be a huge quality of life change to be able to see which CP's are controlled by which team.

I'm also wondering how the spectate mode works in regards to which player comes next when clicking through. It would be super sick if we could instantly jump to the player we want, like if we could bind the number keys 1-0 to the players, 1-5 being rebels and 6-0 being empire. Currently, if there's a fight going on, you can't really toggle between views because you click and have to find that person, viewing several other players before finding the one you want, and by then the fight might be over.

Last idea I had at the moment, was using freecam during the matches and being able to freely toggle back and forth without clicking through menus but this might be a stretch?

Thanks!
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Re: Spectator mode changes

Post by Teancum »

There's nothing like that for SWBF2, unfortunately. I mean you could have two instances of the game running, one to spectate and another to see the score/minimap, but that's the best you could do. Two PCs, side-by-side.
Legitosity
Recruit Womprat Killer
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 - CSGO

Post by Legitosity »

Thanks for your reply Teancum

Sorry I'm super late in this, hasn't been on my mind and I've been playing a ton of mix scrims for theswbfc tournament going on!

The playoffs just started, and I'm going to co-cast with pride. What we're going to do is utilize mutlitwitch and have both of us streaming. His stream will be the PoV and mine will be the map.

I made a quick image to show you, not to insult your intelligence but it's 2am and I wanna be clear with my point. Because I feel I'm rambling lol.

edit: idk why the img isn't working, here's the link https://imgur.com/a/ErFtbpi

The problem, like I've circled in red is there's a ton of wasted space on my stream filled with useless information for the viewers. It would be really nice to have the map on the right be the entire screen and also have a ticket count because so many maps have been decided by timing out the enemy and winning by 20-30 tickets. It's honestly super hype but since right now we've both just been using the PoV to cast we don't see the minimap/ticket count so we can't convey that hype to the audience.

I know that this problem is super niche, and maybe there isn't a solution or one that would require a stupid amount of work. It's not a legit esport like CSGO with a fantastic spectator mode. But we're trying to build up the competitive community and this would be incredible for us.

Thanks again for the reply! I'm sure you've done a thousand things for the game, but I don't know your impact because I don't know you!
AnthonyBF2
Sith
Sith
Projects :: PS2+PSP Overhaul

Post by AnthonyBF2 »

Most of the items in the spawn/character selection are not tied in with the HUD.

There is a script in the game known as ifs_pc_spawnselect and it works hand-in-hand with the game exe which of course, is hard coded. This is where the character list comes in, the team switch icon, the 3D character models/animations, the radar, and the buttons. This script can be edited and put into the game but you won't achieve much. All you can do is move/resize buttons and text items. The juicy stuff is hard coded in the exe that operates with functions in the spawn select script.

It is not until you actually spawn in, that the HUD comes up which includes it's own radar, ticket counts, texts, health, weapon info, etc.

Alternatively, a yellow text message could be displayed in the text area every time a reinforcement drops (the same area that says who killed who) and the message could be something like "empire 20 reinforcements remain"
I know that this is 100% possible but I am not that great at the Lua scripting in the game, I can give it a shot, and if I get it, I will upload the file.

No guarantees.

Edit: contact me at Discord: AnthonyBF2#9350
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Post by Teancum »

You could use OBS Studio (Open Broadcasting Software) to crop the game to just the map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygLaVgqFj9w