star wars battlefront 2 vehicle repair droid [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

wsa30h
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: star wars bf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

star wars battlefront 2 vehicle repair droid [Solved]

Post by wsa30h »

Hi fellow battlefrontians i have two problems i would really like to get solved one is that i cant get the vehicle repair droid to appear in game when i place it there in the editor its fine but when i launch the game it doesent appear in the game at all, and my second problem is that am trying to convert the bespin map into battlefront 2 but when i launch it, it crashes the game i would greatly appreaciate if someone could help me
Last edited by wsa30h on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: star wars battlefront 2 vehicle repair droid

Post by Marth8880 »

Welcome to Gametoast! :)

I'd say there's a third problem: your problems (and post) are hard to interpret when you don't properly make use of periods and other punctuation. :P
wsa30h wrote:i cant get the vehicle repair droid to appear in game when i place it there in the editor its fine but when i launch the game it doesent appear in the game at all
What exact steps did you take to place the droid?
What map are you doing this in?
Did you remember to munge your changes after placing the droid and saving the changes in Zero Editor?
wsa30h
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by wsa30h »

am sorry I wasn't being specific I converted geonosis spire from the first battlefront game and I got everything working but when I put the vehicle repair droid into zero editor it goes in then I save the map go back into the editor to see if its there and it is so then I go to munge it and I go ingame with both the normal exe and bf2 mod tools exe and its not there.
I really need help with this please

EDIT
this is what I get from battlefront 2 mod tools log what does this mean and how do i fix it ?C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\LoadUtil.cpp(1172)
Could not find odf "com_item_vehiclerecharge"! can anyone please help I know a guy called marvel4 who worked on the conversion pack had the vehicle repair droids ingame so it can be done
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Post by Marth8880 »

wsa30h wrote:C:\Battlefront2\main\Battlefront2\Source\LoadUtil.cpp(1172)
Could not find odf "com_item_vehiclerecharge"!
This means that the specified ODF (likely) isn't being loaded. You should set up and include the file in a custom ingame.lvl: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=12600
wsa30h
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by wsa30h »

ok so that works kind of the game crashes when I add the dc in and copy it over but when I replace the stock one it works but I get no fake console.
thank you so much though I would have never figured this one out. actually going to close the tread now I can figure the rest of it out now thanks again it wouldn't be possible without you. got everythin working perfectly now thanks again