weird texture smoke and smoke trails on mod map [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

wsa30h
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: star wars bf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

weird texture smoke and smoke trails on mod map [Solved]

Post by wsa30h »

does anyone know how to fix the weird black smoke on geonosis spire I converted geonosis spire from the first game but when I roll around as a droideka or look up at the techno union hull the smoke coming of it has a weird texture sort of like black boxes surrounding the smoke.
Last edited by wsa30h on Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: weird texture smoke and smoke trails on mod map

Post by AQT »

Make sure you have all the textures that the map's and the Techno Union's smoke .fx files call for.
wsa30h
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by wsa30h »

I give up I put the last few in and it didn't work I think the mod tools have a few of the required textures missing I also cant get the vehicle droid to appear on the map but that's in my other vehicle repair droid post
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

You can get those textures from the SWBF1 mod tools. You can also change the names of the missing textures referenced in the .fx files to the names of the textures used by SWBF2. Some textures in SWBF1 are the same as the ones in SWBF2 but just with a different name.
wsa30h
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by wsa30h »

nope that didn't work either I guess it cant be done

EDIT
unless someone has the files that the techno union hull calls for and can link me to them I cant fix this

Double posting is against the RULES; please EDIT your post instead -Staff
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Post by AQT »

It can be done. Geonosis: Spire has been converted before, and assets from it have been used individually. What were you doing to get it to work?

Just replace smoke_billow.fx, underlitesmoke2.tga, and walkerstomp.fx in ***\effects with the ones from BF2_ModTools\assets\worlds\GEO\effects.
wsa30h
Rebel Sergeant
Rebel Sergeant

Post by wsa30h »

I did that just now and it still the same any idea? also tried to change it for thicksmoke1 in the odf of geonosis techno union hull and when I did that no smoke or anything came off it.
sorry for so much post but I just cant get it to work I can upload my assets if you want to see what am missing or whats broken I did everything you said and still cant fix it.
fixed it! I unmunge the ingame lvl from the actual game not my mod map put all of the sfx files into my effects in the world files and it works.