how to edit models

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

KadeEclipse
Private
Projects :: Stock Republic Side+
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2
xbox live or psn: PSN:Kade01_

how to edit models

Post by KadeEclipse »

i want to edit player-models like the ep3 clone trooper rifleman. how would i edit the player-model in like blender or something. also how do i get sides to work. i always do DC:Side but most of the time this crashes my game.
Robobermann
Private
Projects :: My projects
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 2005

Re: how to edit models

Post by Robobermann »

I don't know anything about editing models, but I do know that your lua should look something like this:

ReadDataFile("DC:SIDE\\rep.lvl",
"rep_inf_ep3_rifleman",
"rep_fly_assault_DOME",
"rep_fly_gunship_DOME",
"rep_inf_ep3_rocketeer",
"rep_inf_ep3_engineer",
"rep_inf_ep3_sniper",
"rep_inf_501_captain",
"rep_inf_ep3_jettrooper",
"rep_inf_commando",
"rep_hero_cin",
"rep_inf_appo",
"rep_inf_templeguard")
Cattermelon
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: how to edit models

Post by Cattermelon »

Go to the 3d modelling forum and check out the FAQ (http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14465), info for modelling with blender is at the bottom of the page, as well as TONS of important info throughout. And if you're really serious about modelling I would suggest using the free mod tools instead, as it's much easier in the long run (http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=14467). If you do download the mod tools you'll also need the ZETools to export (viewtopic.php?f=36&t=26664). There, that should give you a good jumpstart. And I would recommend you direct other modelling related questions to the modelling forums. :wink: Anywho, good luck on your modelling!