Custom Hero Sounds Issues

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Triforce919
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Custom Hero Sounds Issues

Post by Triforce919 »

Hey guys, last year I tried to make a little mod which adds back some missing sounds. I decided to start with Ki-Adi-Mundi's missing hero sounds and have had absolutely zero luck getting them to work. I had read loads and loads of documentation and contacted numerous modders for assistance. It got to the point where I basically moved on from the project. Now I've got the desire to try and finish what I started, but I am encountering the same issues I did before. This time however, I have uploaded my project files to my dropbox. If anyone is willing to help pull me out of this rut, I would greatly appreciate it. The files are just for a basic test map. I modified the clone wars conquest mission script to have Ki-Adi-Mundi instead of Anakin as the rep hero. I have placed all the sound I'm adding into the appropriate effects folder, as well as the other files to point where they are. If someone can take a look, and see what wrong I would be extremely grateful.

Thanks!

This is the link for the project, the Mod ID is TES

Edit: Someting went wrong with the link, it should work now

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/0j1zymstt1gr ... iMONa?dl=0
Rayman1103
Private Second Class

Re: Custom Hero Sounds Issues

Post by Rayman1103 »

Hey, I haven't had a chance to look at your files, but I did want to mention that I think I know why Ki-Adi-Mundi can't talk.

I had posted a topic last year, but nobody replied. You can read my theory on what the problem might be here: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=33337
Triforce919
Private Recruit
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Triforce919 »

Very interesting, I just looked and aw the missnamed files. Is it possible to hex edit the base files to implement this fix?
Rayman1103
Private Second Class

Post by Rayman1103 »

I don't think it's possible to hex edit the global.lvl file, I looked and couldn't find a way.

However, I was able to get Ki-Adi-Mundi's voice lines to work using a user_script: viewtopic.php?f=35&t=33806