Lights flickering / Light seams on terrain

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

GarfSnacks
Private Recruit
Projects :: Utapau Attack 2.0
Games I'm Playing :: MTG Arena
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Lights flickering / Light seams on terrain

Post by GarfSnacks »

Hey all,
I've got two issues with lighting in my map ( possibly unrelated from each other? not sure)

I've got some omni lights and that are rapidly flickering on and off in my map during gameplay, however it's also happening with some of the default command post lights too. If I'm standing close to the light and look down, the flickering will for the most part go away but as soon as I look 90 degrees upwards the lights will start to flicker again.
I couldn't find any hard limits for how many lights you can have in your map but I've only placed roughly around 10-25. It only seems to occur with some lights ( although all of my lights are omni, no shadow cast, non static, casting specular)

The second problem I'm having is lights not appearing on certain patches of terrain, which can be seen below.
This is occurring with placed omni lights in the map as well as light emitting from blaster weapons.
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image above: Blue and red light emitting from vehicle weapon's lazers
Hidden/Spoiler:
Image above: Omni light
Cast Shadows: no
Static: no
Cast Specular: no
PS2 Overbright: no
Radius: 100

Any help with either problem is greatly appreciated!
AQT
Gametoast Staff
Gametoast Staff

Re: Lights flickering / Light seams on terrain

Post by AQT »

Sounds like there just are too many lights are being placed. Also, do you have more than three terrain textures overlapping each other?
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Lights flickering / Light seams on terrain

Post by Marth8880 »