Reinforcement Bleed on Destructable Command Posts

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Robobermann
Private
Projects :: My projects
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 2005

Reinforcement Bleed on Destructable Command Posts

Post by Robobermann »

I'm wondering about the destructible command posts for SWBF2 (including AT-ATs, Hoth Shield Generator, and AT-TEs). For some reason, unlike in the first SWBF, they do not contribute to a loss of reinforcements. I found an interesting variable called "ValueBleed" which I'm assuming causes reinforcements to bleed, but the value on this variable for destructible command posts is no different than for normal command posts. My question is, if possible, how can one make destructible command posts cause reinforcements to bleed in SWBF2?
Last edited by Robobermann on Tue Oct 30, 2018 9:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: Bleed on Destructable Command Posts

Post by Marth8880 »

I'm pretty sure CP bleed is enabled for CPs that are added with the :AddCommandPost function.
Robobermann
Private
Projects :: My projects
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2 2005

Re: Bleed on Destructable Command Posts

Post by Robobermann »

Marth8880 wrote:I'm pretty sure CP bleed is enabled for CPs that are added with the :AddCommandPost function.
I've been testing on Hoth and I am trying to get AT-ATs to have reinforcement bleed. I can say with a certainty that :AddCommandPost does not give the intended effect (or any change at all) with this code:

Code: Select all

cp1 = CommandPost:New{name = "CP3"}
    cp2 = CommandPost:New{name = "CP4"}
    cp3 = CommandPost:New{name = "CP5"}
    cp4 = CommandPost:New{name = "CP6"}
    cp5 = CommandPost:New{name = "CP7"}
    cp6 = CommandPost:New{name = "imp_walk_atat"} --also no effect when name = "VehicleSpawn_21"
--cp7 = CommandPost:New{name = "imp_walk_atat"}

conquest = ObjectiveConquest:New{teamATT = ATT, teamDEF = DEF, textATT = "game.modes.con", textDEF = "game.modes.con2", multiplayerRules = true}

conquest:AddCommandPost(cp1)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp2)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp3)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp4)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp5)
    conquest:AddCommandPost(cp6)
--conquest:AddCommandPost(cp7)

Is there a way I can find out the actual name of the command post inside the AT-AT?