SWBFII inital munge and getting started. [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Mas
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: kotor swb arkham
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

SWBFII inital munge and getting started. [Solved]

Post by Mas »

hey all. I am just getting into modding, and man that learning curve is steep. anyway I was hoping someone could give me a hand. I have installed mod tools and patch v1.3 and did a first munge on a ground map called ZXY, anyway the data file exists (data_ZXY) however it is missing a lot of items and files. when I attempt a second munge from the (BUILD) folder it munges for about 30 seconds sends the all-clear minus some apparently typical audio errors. However the blank map does not exist when I boot the game, despite its presence in the (addon) folder. this is probably pretty common noob stuff, but I am having a hell of a time finding any fixes, so help is appreciated!

downloaded the tools from moddb and have the vista patch.

currently running win 10.

cheers!
Marth8880
Resistance Leader
Projects :: DI2 + Psychosis
Games I'm Playing :: Silent Hill 2
xbox live or psn: Marth8880

Re: SWBFII inital munge and getting started.

Post by Marth8880 »

Welcome to GT! :)

I suggest reading and following the Getting Started docs found here: https://sites.google.com/site/swbf2modt ... ng-started
Sporadia
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently
Games I'm Playing :: None

Post by Sporadia »

If you're using steam, make sure you have the right version of the v1.3 patch, the original v1.3 patch hasn't worked on steam for a couple of years. Look here: http://www.gametoast.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=33251

Otherwise, it sounds like your visual munge isn't munging correctly. Check question #6 and #7 on the Everything You Need thread.
(Your ZXY folder in the addon should at first contain somewhere an addme script file, a ZXY.lvl, a core.lvl and a mission.lvl. If it doesn't then it definitely hasn't munged fully. Make sure you select all when you first use VisualMunge under data_ZXY > Build)

Failing all that, you may have a problem with the addme.
Mas
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: kotor swb arkham

Post by Mas »

thanks all! finally got it to munge properly! turns out that i had the vista fix installed wrong. duh. anyway i have a nice flat canvas to work with now!