project alpha and zeroeditor wld load crash [solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Mas
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: kotor swb arkham
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

project alpha and zeroeditor wld load crash [solved]

Post by Mas »

hey all!
first off, I wanted to go ahead and thank you guys for all of the help getting started. and share what I've got so far, I’m working on a map called Endor: Retaliatory Strike, the map is going to be an imperial counter-attack, on bright tree village and a now rebel-occupied shield generator, the plan is to have the bulk of the fighting occur in the village its self and have AT-ATs walking along forest floor shooting directly into the village.

Anyway this is what I've got so far. (play as reb for best results, gonna add turrets to some of the stumps, add a native Ewok side, AI is dumb, and I am still experimenting with planning)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/ ... sp=sharing

But I’ve hit another snag, as it often happens, and can no longer load the wld file in the zeroeditor without the ZE crashing. I’ve done some searching and haven’t come to any real conclusions. haven’t edited any meshes the only change to the map since last save has been some simple planning paths and changing the CP teams. Hoping someone has dealt with this before and it isn’t another one of those have to scrap it and start again problems.

UPDATE: just changed the name of the .wld file to [ABC.wld] from [ABV.wld] and the ZE was able to load the map however when loaded all objects and ground were black, silhouetted against white skybox. so I decided to change all instances of ABV in the [world1] folder to ABC and was again unable to load without the crash, so something that ABV.wld references in the folder isn't working right. let you all know if I find out more.

UPDATE2: so I decided to start by systematically renaming the files in the [world1] folder so they would not be referenced, in order to find out which one was crashing the ZE. anyway [ABV.BAR] seems to be the cause of the crashing (it's alphabetic, lucky me!). when [ABV.wld] was loaded without being able to reference the [ABV.bar] (changed it to [ABV1.bar]) file the ZE loaded no problem in full color and with all features apparently intact minus the barriers I had made previously. created some new barriers and now all seems to be working well enough!

Update3: gonna go ahead and leave this post here, because it might be helpful. also because I really do want to share the alpha with you guys!