How do I setup an armed building auto turret?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

How do I setup an armed building auto turret?

Post by MissingTexture »

I'm trying to make cannons fire automatically, similar to the mortar tanks from Designated Days | Republic Ghost Rathia: Frontlines but I don't know how to set it up properly. Is there a tutorial or way to have this done?
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: How do I setup an armed building auto turret?

Post by Oceans14 »

Do you want them to fire by themselves (aka unpiloted by player or ai units) or do you want them to fire all the time as long as the vehicle is crewed? If it's the former, try Pilottype = "self" and if it's the latter, try Autofire = 1. I personally haven't messed too much with autofire so I can't 100% guarantee it'll do what you want, but pilotype self works quite well.

Edit - I think autofire makes the weapon fire indiscriminately whether there's an enemy nearby or not.
MissingTexture
2nd Lieutenant
2nd Lieutenant
Projects :: SW Resistance Rising

Re: How do I setup an armed building auto turret?

Post by MissingTexture »

Oceans14 wrote:Do you want them to fire by themselves (aka unpiloted by player or ai units) or do you want them to fire all the time as long as the vehicle is crewed? If it's the former, try Pilottype = "self" and if it's the latter, try Autofire = 1. I personally haven't messed too much with autofire so I can't 100% guarantee it'll do what you want, but pilotype self works quite well.

Edit - I think autofire makes the weapon fire indiscriminately whether there's an enemy nearby or not.
I'd say unpiloted would be best; I can throw in a faux pilot msh