Turret aimer and collision problems

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Turret aimer and collision problems

Post by Oceans14 »

I made a custom turret out of the battledroid model but it won't aim up and down. The log says: "Mounted turret "cis_prop_sniper_turret TURRET1" node "aimer_az" not found". The strange thing is that "aimer_az", as you might expect, controls left/right rotation which the turret is doing fine (this aimer is the actual legs of the model, not a null). I based the odf off the chaingun tripod from the assets, so I'm not sure where I went wrong here. The second issue is that I gave the model very basic cubes for collision (one for the body, one for the head) but for some reason they aren't working in game, and shots only do damage when aimed between the turret's legs.

Model hierarchy from xsi:
Hidden/Spoiler:
Calrissian97
Second Lance Corporal
Second Lance Corporal
Projects :: ANF - ISM Skin Changer - BF1 Ports
Games I'm Playing :: All teh BFs

Re: Turret aimer and collision problems

Post by Calrissian97 »

Try using collision primitives instead since the game engine likes them more (collision meshes are more apt to bug out, it seems). As for the aimer issue, I'm not quite sure. Did you put -keep aimer_az in the msh.option?
Oceans14
Command Sergeant Major
Command Sergeant Major
Projects :: Athenova Campaign
Games I'm Playing :: SWBF2

Re: Turret aimer and collision problems

Post by Oceans14 »

Thanks for the reply. I originally did use primitives and named them p_-o_head and p_-o_body I think, and then added the head one into the odf's "critical hit" parameter. None of that seemed to work which is why I renamed the cubes to collision_etc.

In the .option yes, I had -keep aimer_az as well as the other one, aimer_el. Weirdly, I just now noticed that there does seem to be rotation in both axes (despite the error), so maybe I have the pitch/yaw values too low.