Questions for a potential mod.

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Ziggy

Questions for a potential mod.

Post by Ziggy »

Ziggy on FileFront yesterday wrote:Would it be possible to mix two teams together?

Example: Let's say I want to do a map which deals with a middle period between the fully fledged Empire and the Old Republic. Because it couldn't have changed overnight, could it? To me, that seems like an impossibility, regardless what it seems like in the BFII campaign.
So let's say I want to replace stormtroopers with Clones(possibly skinned to be all white), and somehow mix other elements of the Republic into the Imperial faction.

Would that be even remotely possible?
I asked this yesterday at FileFront, and recieved the answer that it would indeed be possible, and that I could find more help here. So, if you could throw some tips in this direction, it would be appriciated.
Mind you, I have only modded for Jedi Knight II and Mafia before, which are both incredibly simple. So...I have no experience with BFII whatsoever.

Anyhow, all help would be greatly appriciated.

Cheers.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

RE: Questions for a potential mod.

Post by Leviathan »

In fact, you'll be able to design such a modification for Star Wars Battlefront II once SWBF II Mod Tools will have been provided by LucasArts / Pandemic Studios... In the meantime, using actual modding ways (That's to say : Hex-editing, etc...) would be ineffective, since they "weaken" the *.LVL files you would have tweaked thanks to these processes...

PS : By the way, welcome on GameToast !... :wink:
Ziggy

Post by Ziggy »

That's great. And when will the tools be available? From what I've gathered they've been delayed a number of times.

Thanks for the welcome.
Leviathan
Missing Jedi Admin
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: I have not listed any games yet
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Post by Leviathan »

Unfortunately, I do not have any idea of SWBF II Mod Tools release date... However, you can launch a search in the "SWBF2 General" section, with terms like "SWBF2 Mod Tools" or "Mod Tools", in order to gather informations about this "event"...