Munge issues with edited objects

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

kiprobin
First Lance Corporal
First Lance Corporal
Projects :: Trench War
Games I'm Playing :: Swbf2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Munge issues with edited objects

Post by kiprobin »

I'm having a lot of issues getting some edited objects to work in game. So I took some bespin elite squadron objects in XSI and rearranged them significantly so they can connect to a larger exterior map - deleting a few polygons here, moving some tunnels around there, etc. so they all interconnect but can still lead outside. When I export them, I can place them in ZE, and everything looks perfect, but when I munge, a lot of strange stuff happens. All of the objects are in completely different positions from where they're supposed to be, some are invisible but have collision, and some objects just dont show up at all as far as I can tell. The weirdest part is that when I clean and remunge, which objects show up are different. Maybe object A works perfectly, albeit in the wrong place, object B is invisible but seems to have collision, and object C doesnt seem to show up at all, but then when I clean and remunge, object B shows up fine, object A doesnt show up at all, and object C is invisible but seems to have some collision. I've tried that multiple times and there doesnt seem to be much of a pattern to it. Aside from a few collision issues which I can fix, I've gotten most of the objects to work in some form in various attempts, but never all at the same time, and still always in the wrong place. It looks perfect in XSI and ZE, but all falls apart in game. Does anyone have any idea what might be going on?