Units Usable on Custom Map Cause Crash on Vanilla Map?

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Qaqophas
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Units Usable on Custom Map Cause Crash on Vanilla Map?

Post by Qaqophas »

I've made custom maps before, and have been able to use units like Jawas, Gamorrean guards, Acklays, Ewoks, etc... as playable units by editing the XXXc_con.lua (or whatever gamemode/era I want).

After seeing this post: viewtopic.php?f=27&t=16616&p=287596#p287596

I started messing about with changing up the troops on the original maps for a bit of fun. I can do it with most units, however, the Gamorrean guards, Acklays, and Wampas specifically cause the game to crash when I load it up. All other troops work though (for example, I can have Ewoks vs Jawas on Dagobah).

Keep in mind, on custom maps, all units work, and do not cause a crash.

Does anyone know why this might be the case, and how I might go about fixing it (if possible)?
Qaqophas
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Re: Units Usable on Custom Map Cause Crash on Vanilla Map?

Post by Qaqophas »

Ok, so I figured it out. For those wondering, Acklays are "walkers" with three pairs of legs, so I replaced what was said in the lua file about walkers (the whole AddWalkers thing) with what was said in a freshly created custom map's lua file.

For the Gamorreans, it has to do with the "combo" stuff in the lua file. So, I added what a fresh custom map lua file says about "combo" into the normal lua file of the vanilla map.