model

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Ironmachine
Private
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

model

Post by Ironmachine »

Hello. I extracted the lvl file from the mod (the clone wars revised) and opened the crosshair msh file in the Star Wars Battlefront msh viewer and the texture is massed

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1K1zOJd ... sp=sharing
Last edited by Ironmachine on Sat Oct 30, 2021 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Teancum
Jedi Admin
Jedi Admin
Games I'm Playing :: Destiny

Re: model

Post by Teancum »

Make sure you have permission from the author to do so. We don't assist if they haven't approved use of their assets.
Ironmachine
Private
Games I'm Playing :: StarWarsBattlefront

Re: model

Post by Ironmachine »

Teancum wrote:
Thu Oct 14, 2021 11:56 am
Make sure you have permission from the author to do so. We don't assist if they haven't approved use of their assets.
I wrote to the creator who told me ...
Why exactly are you unmunging the mod? If we wanted you to have the files then it would be open source. So, we ask you kindly to not do this.
and after my reply he said ...
While we do not directly own the models used in our mod, we have still needed to put work in to get them in the game, so we don't appreciate people abusing the unmunge tool to essentially steal assets from mods.
I'm going to assume you don't have any ill intentions and just wanted to try out editing a 3D model,

I am new to modding so I was not aware of it and I apologized. I didn't intend to make a mod with characters from other creators and publish it, I just wanted a mod for myself
Last edited by Ironmachine on Fri Oct 15, 2021 9:53 am, edited 2 times in total.