how to make a new global sound lvl [Solved]

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

crod1992
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

how to make a new global sound lvl [Solved]

Post by crod1992 »

I've been experimenting with mod tools, and I can't figure it out. I've downloaded the fix bat files and every time I munge the globe.lvl is 1kb big (I know this is not the correct size) and I get a lot of errors. I looked at the guides and either I'm having trouble understanding or I'm missing something maybe wav sound files?
I looked at the voice over assets that the community put out do those come into play. I'm stumped guys :faint: I would appreciate any help.
Last edited by crod1992 on Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sporadia
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: No Mod project currently
Games I'm Playing :: None

Re: how to make a new global sound lvl

Post by Sporadia »

If you make a custom sound lvl for your world, you can get any of the sounds from global.lvl just by referencing them in the sfx file (and in some cases you need to configure them in the different config files). When you reference global sound effects in your new sound lvl, the game will load the sounds it needs out of a stock sound lvl. Global sounds also shouldn't require audio rips for the same reason. Since that's the case, why do you want to make changes to global.lvl? Is there a specific sound effect you want to replace all instances of? The easiest way to get custom sound effects into the game might still be to add them to a new sound lvl rather than make changes to global.lvl. Adding custom sounds is a bit more complicated.

PS All my favourite links for sound tutorials are in this post.

The best place to look for sound errors is not the mungelog. You should check levelpack.txt and configmunge.txt instead since they cut out the irrelevant error messages. If a lvl is only 1kb in size, I suspect there's either a problem with your req files, or you could be mixing up sfx and asfx since that bugs out the munge a bit. Use an sfx file for all the global sound effects (which will load from the stock game files) and use an asfx file for the extra sounds which you need to add with their wav files (custom sounds, or sounds munged directly into a stock world's sound lvl such as cor.lvl). If you really need to remake global.lvl, then I'm not sure what techniques work and maybe you will need to add rips of everything to an asfx. I still recommend making a custom sound lvl as a workaround instead. Better explanations are in the link.
cbadal
Corporal
Corporal
Projects :: SWBF2 XBOX Mod Environment
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2

Post by cbadal »

I did put together a sound env package (includes BF1 & BF2) here:
https://www.moddb.com/games/star-wars-b ... or-modders

So if you did want to re-do any of the sound files or learn about how it works by playing with it, you can.
crod1992
Recruit Womprat Killer
Projects :: No Mod project currently.

Post by crod1992 »

Thank you so much !!!!!!! :bowdown: :bowdown: This is exactly what I needed to make a new global sound lvl!