Terrain Resolution help

In this forum you will find and post information regarding the modding of Star Wars Battlefront 2. DO NOT POST MOD IDEAS/REQUESTS.

Moderator: Moderators

Ganphee
Projects :: No Mod project currently.
Games I'm Playing :: SW Battlefront 2
xbox live or psn: No gamertag set

Terrain Resolution help

Post by Ganphee »

The default terrain grid tile size is 8 by 8 meters. That's pretty huge.
I want to change the resoltion to something along the lines of 2 by 2 meters. Just to have the terrain a little bit more detailed.

I heard somewhere on a tutorial video, that the terrain resolution is tied to some kind of vortex or something like that and I think, that it can be changed.
Unfortunately, that's where my lead ends. I can't for the life of me remember what video that was, as it was a long time ago.
The tutor just mentioned this and said: "But we'll cover that in a future video".
I haven't found a way to change the tile size within the ZeroEditor, and I haven't found anything in the (BF2_ModTools\data_XXX\Worlds\XXX\world1) XXX.TER file.
And obviously, I haven't found any info about that on Google.

Any insight is appreciated.

Here are some reference images: https://imgur.com/a/RCMRojx
MileHighGuy
Jedi
Jedi

Re: Terrain Resolution help

Post by MileHighGuy »

Hi! it's easy in zeroeditor. Bring up the console by pressing "ctrl + `" (control key and tilde key at the same time). Then type "Editor.gridize" then press editor to see the current size. To change it, "type Editor.gridsize 4" for example. This will make the resolution higher.

if you just type "Editor." you can press tab to cycle through the options. Or press tab with nothing entered to cycle through other options.

Another useful command is "Editor.texture.fill" to paint the whole map with the selected texture.